Views: 2946|Replies: 8

Is there anyone who speak Portuguese?Help please... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-5 18:36:06 |Display all floors
We will attend Eletrolar show in St.Paulo,Brazil,in July.
The company website are under constructing,English-Chinese-Portuguese,there are 3 languages for the website.
Is there anyone would help us to translate the company introduction in Portuguese?
We use Google translate,but there is a bit difference with the native Portuguese speaker.
Thanks for your help in advance.

Eva

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-5 19:44:45 |Display all floors
join a Portu-related QQ-group
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-6 01:18:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2015-6-6 02:06

I know the first place I would ask for help finding Portuguese translators is not a news forum website.

to the original poster
at least have the level of professionalism - if you are going to attend an international trade show - to hire a professional translator for each of the languages and don't rely on an online translation tool.
Otherwise you will end up with a version of Portuguese/Chinese or 'Chinglish'

cutting corners on something like this is NOT best practice and will make you look foolish and unprofessional in the eyes of the other international exhibitors.
you might think you are being clever and saving money by not translating professionally, but mistakes are noticed immediatly and say a lot about your business: 'I can't be bothered to show a professional image by translating properly, so I probably will cut corners when i do business with you just to save me money.'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-6 01:18:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2015-6-6 01:32

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-6 10:47:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-6 10:49:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-6-6 16:07:26 |Display all floors
EvaZhou - You really should not skimp on this.  Get your employers to hire a good professional translator as Portuguese is a notoriously difficult language in some areas. It's based on Vulgar Latin and and is a so called "Romance" language. In Brazil there are a number of sub dialects.  Please do NOT rely on web based translation packages or computer based etc as they are not reliable and they can and will make horrific mistakes in the grammar.  

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.