Views: 7072|Replies: 10

How to protect ourselves [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-3 13:59:02 |Display all floors
Maybe you have heard or seen on newspapers, a Chinese woman zhaoyan was hit by three more Ameracan police.Are you surprise or acerbate when knew this piece of news.Why a standard woman was hurt badly by foreigners but no one responsible to this case.Now shehas light concussion also she can't talk lot because of her teeth .Whose fault?
       How to protect ourselves in other countries ?

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-8-3 21:31:27 |Display all floors

Hi Betty

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-4 11:09:27 |Display all floors

for the record

"This woman was in the wrong place at the wrong time.That is all. Anyone says she got hit because she was Chi-nese is a big fat LIAR."

according to the news reports, she was crossing Rainbow bridge, a popular tourist corridor because of the nearby Niagra Fall.

Anybody who says she was the in the wrong place at the wrong time is a BIG F**KING LIAR.

Aslo she wouldn't be treated so badly if she were a white female, that's for sure.

You could have blacks armed with a wallet riddled with bullets, you could have chinese female armed with a camara nearing a tourist spot beaten to a pulp, but you won't see white females roughed that way.

In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all get along?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-4 12:57:45 |Display all floors

Blingbling.

Have you been into the whiskey cabinet again?

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-8-5 17:04:39 |Display all floors

blingbling

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-5 22:50:05 |Display all floors

Has anyone read the story??

Has anyone seen or read what actually went on that day at the border??  According to the guard, he asked the Chinese women to follow him inside and they turned and started to run away.   They have still not made a final ruling on this case
Blingbling- You ask, "if she was white, would she have been treated the same way?"   YES!!!
Do you not understand how paranoid and anxious the Americans are right now??
If I was at a Chinese border and the guards asked me to step inside and I decided to turn and run, what do think they would do to me??
Of course I do not agree with what happened, I think it was terrible, but there is more to the story then just some guard grabbing some woman and starting to beat her up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-6 00:17:54 |Display all floors

re: betty

honestly, betty, i don't think you need to worry about the police beating you up when you come to the united states.  

you should, however, try to find someone who lives in the area where you plan to visit and ask them what precautions you need to take.  not every place in the united states is dangerous, but there ARE some dangerous areas.  

even in the place where i live, i don't allow my wife to go walking around at night without me.  but i think the place where we live is generally ok.

if you need advice on a specific location in the united states, you can always ask people here on the forum.  maybe someone is from that area and can give you some advice.

ts

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.