Author: bfsuleo

Does it Matter Whether China’s Economy is Number One?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-2 17:51:13 |Display all floors
China economy will be the single largest in the world. However, China is still from being equal to match the US in many aspects. So, please do not show off. Japan is ten times stronger than China. It has a population that is shrinking and ageing fast than China but its total output is just slightly more than one half trillion behind. Problem with China is Chinese get intoxicated too easily. The products from China are nowhere compare with those from Japan or even South Korea. So, keep your mouth SHUT! China will have a better place and peace or will get hit below the belt regularly without warning from G7!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-2 18:53:27 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-5-2 09:48
Do you not realise how racist you are?

Education has little effect on your average warehouse work ...

You are the one saying a Finn deserves 7 times what Chinese get. My post was the fact that 1 Finn creates 7 times more GDP value than one Chinese person and that's why he earns more compensation.

Weather someone who works in the same company as me loves me or not I couldn't care less. The salaries in China in the company I work for are set by local manager, not me and he is Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-2 18:59:42 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-5-2 09:48
Do you not realise how racist you are?

Education has little effect on your average warehouse work ...

To work in a modern warehouse is much more than moving boxes. You would know this if you had ever done any real business. The ultimate goal for all modern warehouses is to make them unnecessary and focus on JOT material flow and keep the working capital as low as possible.

It seems that you don't know anything about material flows, capital structures, accounting, labor costs or prices. I wonder what kind of business can be done without knowing the basics of all businesses.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-2 19:01:52 |Display all floors
GhostBuster Post time: 2015-5-2 11:51
China economy will be the single largest in the world. However, China is still from being equal to m ...

Made in China products can be as good as goods made in Japan or South Korea. You will get what you paid for.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-3 07:49:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-5-3 08:25
mixamixa Post time: 2015-5-2 02:07
People usually get paid what they contribute or deserve. Chinese workers wages are lower because their productivity is lower than in Western countries.

Let's apply your statement to McDonald's: do Chinese workers get paid less than Western workers because their productivity is lower in China than in Western countries? We're talking the same company (McDonald's), the same jobs (retail fast food server), the same products (hamburgers) but different countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-3 09:31:17 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-5-3 01:49
Let's apply your statement to McDonald's: do Chinese workers get paid less than Western workers bec ...

People working in McDonlads get the minimum wage in both countries.

You should know this

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-3 09:42:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-5-3 10:25
mixamixa Post time: 2015-5-3 09:31
People working in McDonlads get the minimum wage in both countries.

You should know this

But the minimum wage in China is lower than in the West. Does that imply Chinese workers are less productive than their Western workers?

Or let me put it this way.

Big Macs are priced differently in different countries, depending on the purchasing power (PP) of local customers. This is called the "Big Mac Index". If a Big Mac is priced higher in the West than in China, does that mean the Big Mac served in the West is better than the Big Mac served in China? Again, we're talking about the same company (McDonald's), same products (Big Mac), same industry (retail fast food chain) but different countries.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.