Author: ColinSpeakman

Attitude to Chinese expats   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-19 11:18:29 |Display all floors
Thanks, whoever supported my point!
Forgot to mention this, it is obvious why the Chinese discriminate against their own kind. When they recruit English teachers, they always want a white; if they can't find a white, they don't mind a black, and if they can't find a black they don't mind a brown, anything but yellow, and that excludes all the overseas Chinese who are perfectly qualified to teach English!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-19 11:29:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-18 20:54
If you wanna brag about those filthy rich Chinese upstarts giving you a ride in their gold-plated  ...

"Do you know how many of these ostentatious peasant sons have tried to rip me off for offering me a ride in their Lexus? '

You have obviously taken one of those 'black taxis' the unregistered ones, they are a bloody nuisnace to other road users, parking their illegal cabs anywhere they like, obstructing cars and pedestrians, while hoping to catch a customer in a hurry. They are not safe, no insurance, beat red lights. I never go near them; never want to support illegal taxi operators!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-19 11:50:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-17 14:39
It is just a replay of the song "Chinese don't speak English". The subtlety here is that some Chin ...

"but how can you hammer that into the thick peasant skull of an average Chinese functionary, cadre or top leader?"

It is not always the fault of the top leader; it is the stupidity of the mamas and papas who want their kids to be taught only by the whites, because they themselves don't know any English, they think English is only spoken by the whites!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-20 09:44:50 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-20 09:45:08 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-20 13:00:14 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-20 14:37:17 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-4-19 15:47
Your portraiture of the Whites reigning supreme in the Chinese English teaching theatre looks co ...

'It would stand you and your like in better stead if you contemplated the rather pathetic contents of your national education and how your teachers impart it. That alone explains why foreign teachers are preferred'

You are barking up the wrong tree! What makes you so sure that I am a Chinese teacher? I am not even a Chinese national! As for the preference for white English teachers, it is not something fed to us; it is there for all to see. Go check it out! This issue has been debated ad nauseam on CD!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.