Views: 1803|Replies: 7

With high property prices, is it OK to rent forever?[1]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-11 13:42:22 |Display all floors
Editor's Note: Average home prices in Beijing's secondary market have hit about 42,000yuan ($6,800) per square meter. In places where housing prices are consistently high, the barriers to entry for owning a home are steep. Is it OK to rent forever? Share you views on our website.

Crystal (China)

When you rent, you can move almost whenever you want, with very little penalty; when you own, selling ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-11 13:42:23 |Display all floors
Housing prices should drop lower.

PBOC must not intervene to sustain unaffordable unreasonably high. Irrational speculators must be punished and savers must be rewarded for the system sustainability.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-12 09:43:13 |Display all floors
Home ownership is a dream. Besides, you can hand it over to the next generation. This helps them out with the finances greatly.

Home prices definitely need to be lower.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-12 10:42:28 |Display all floors
Also... the problem with renting is that as people grow older, their earning power becomes less but rents usually become higher. In addition to that, there are also utility bills to pay. (They are victims of landlords.)
Owning reasonably priced property means in a month, the elderly only foot the utility bills.
Having to work at 70 or 80 just to pay the rent is a plight many elderly face. Thus many commit suicide.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-12 10:51:22 |Display all floors
In modern times, land belongs to the government. Property ownership is actually only in name. The government has the right to dictate how the land is used.

A simple poll will prove that many worry about being able to support themselves in old age, do note that with a single son'daughter bearing the costs of supporting the grandparents and the next generation.

To alleviate the burden on the next generation, many elderly commit suicide. This is a truth that is simply to painful to face.

** Trust me rental is a large part of the problem.  

Sure.... the rich will not have this problem. But if you look at the population in cities... how many are rich?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-12 16:44:27 |Display all floors
ithink this is all depend on the state of your life. if you are single and working in the city and still have big dream to achieve than you can consider renting while if you want to settle down say to have a family and live a steady life with a steady job at hand then you can try to buy an apartment that you can offer. the rent of the house is changing all the time but at least the mortgate payment is the same for a couples of years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-31 21:31:46 |Display all floors
Why anyone would buy an apartment in China, especially Beijing, is beyond me. The prices are extortionately high, poorly constructed, and you only get the apartment for 70 years. No wonder Chinese are buying up all the real estate in my country (Canada) and other Western countries. The property bubble will burst eventually, and even then, I still wouldn't buy an apartment. I live in a 140 sq m. apartment (Chinese style, poorly constructed) in Beijing. Our owners say they can sell it for roughly 6 million rmb ($1 million dollars). Absolutely hilarious. I would consider purchasing it for maybe $250,000. Consider. A million USD for our apartment is absolutely insane. We will be forever renting as long as real estate continues as it is and the government does nothing about it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.