Views: 1162|Replies: 5

What It Means if the Death Penalty Is Dying [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-10 15:25:57 |Display all floors
As executions become concentrated in fewer and fewer states and racial disparities continue, does the application of capital punishment make it unconstitutionally cruel and unusual?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-10 22:36:26 |Display all floors
I wasn't sure about the death penalty before, but lately I am inclined to think 'life' is good, and 'death' is bad. The ideology of 'prison' to incarcerate criminals to protect society is overdue for a 'new' approach. Prisoners should not be entitled to free meals and accommodation. They need to work to earn their keeps. Reform the prison system to allow prisoners to 'work' safely until they are reformed, and can return to society (or not). Anyone who 'refused' to work can choose to go hungry and 'kill' themselves thus. 'Death' is bad so criminals who choose to kill themselves is quite normal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-11 09:38:15 |Display all floors
waterdroplets Post time: 2015-4-10 22:36
I wasn't sure about the death penalty before, but lately I am inclined to think 'life' is good, and  ...

So have you ever broke a law in your lifetime??
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-4-11 11:25:45 |Display all floors
waterdroplets Post time: 2015-4-10 22:36
I wasn't sure about the death penalty before, but lately I am inclined to think 'life' is good, and  ...

why not indeed?....
certainly offering them free shopping trips like they do in the uk does not work....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-11 21:18:17 |Display all floors
@kenein. It is true not all criminals are 'bad' by nature, as family background/circumstances like having both parents working, poverty, lack of education, bad influences, etc. can cause confused/desperate people to steal, traffic drugs, commit crimes, etc. Any human society that is civilized and progressive will address the root cause of any problem, have efficient policing, an effective/reformative penitentiary, and above all, kindness and co-operation among its members. This is my opinion.  

@Cdogg. No. You know that saying...don't do to others - - - by Confucius.

@Parcher. Certainly not, but I think offering soup kitchens, homeless shelters, etc are humane to non-criminals, especially those who are just too lazy to work!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-12 23:44:22 |Display all floors
The word "death penalty" is not an oxymoron at all. "enalty" is meant to have a correcting influence or punishment for a violation of law. Therefore if you violate the law by murdering another, the "death penalty" is meant to tell all "would-be" murderers that you will be punished by the death sentence upon yourself by the law.

Death penalties are not applied by "violent societies" only, as the bias commentator has purposely named five, to show his blatant bias as always. Snoots like to belittle and "correct" others thinking very highly of their flawed and bias argument.  

'You are safest in countries with no death penalty, and least safe in countries with the death penalty". Another grand/laughable statement by the almighty snoot.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.