Views: 6940|Replies: 48

Tomb-sweeping services offered online [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-6 17:23:33 |Display all floors

Tomb-sweeping day, or Qingming Festival, is still a few days off, but shrewd Chinese businessmen are already cashing in on time-poor Chinese: by offering to pay respects to deceased ancestors on their behalf.

On e-commerce platform Taobao, scores of stores are offering proxy tomb-sweeping services. A vendor in Hengyang City of central China's Hunan Province said that a three-minute "weeping service" costs about 100 yuan (US$16 dollars), but the business could only offer one crier per grave due to high demand.

The festival is an occasion when Chinese mourn late relatives by weeping, burning incense and offering sacrifices.

"The tomb-sweeping process usually lasts 20 to 30 minutes, and we can take 10 pictures of the process and send them to you if required," explained a vendor in Nanchong City, southwest China's Sichuan Province.

Some have praised the services for providing an alternative for those who cannot make it home during the coming holiday.

Many, however, regard proxy tomb-sweeping as absurd.

"I think it would be weird to have someone I don't know sweep tombs for me," said Qin Tian, a Beijing-based consultant. "To me, tomb-sweeping is a chance to remember my deceased family members, and it certainly should be done by myself," he said.

[Source: China.org.cn]

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-6 18:28:14 |Display all floors
Paying others to pay your respects just shows how little respect you really have

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-6 21:15:13 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-4-6 05:28
Paying others to pay your respects just shows how little respect you really have

the only way to pay for your EXPRESS service without delayin or even excuses...anywho i we visitted our grandparents graves yesterday it was such a lovely gorgeous weather even still here for morning  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 07:32:08 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-4-6 18:28

Why this is modern Chinese culture no respect look how they rise their children, sorry child, the kid has no respect to the family so why should the ancestors be any diffrent.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 07:33:20 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2015-4-7 07:20
Chinese media should encourage that we feed our dead to the wild animals,birds, and fish.

What a wa ...

You can donate yourself to a zoo at feeding time

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-4-7 08:01:50 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2015-4-6 21:15
the only way to pay for your EXPRESS service without delayin or even excuses...anywho i we visitte ...

Should you not respect your ancestors everyday and not only one day a year?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-7 08:02:51 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2015-4-7 07:20
Chinese media should encourage that we feed our dead to the wild animals,birds, and fish.

What a wa ...

My my, think before you post, bury a body, the worms eat the body, the birds eat the worms, then you eat the bird, hence you eat dead bodies.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.