Views: 7891|Replies: 50

No one is a nobody. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-29 01:38:16 |Display all floors
It seems to me that when I ask Chinese people about making a difference in the world, they would say things like, what is the population of China, who am I to be able to make a difference, i.e., I am a nobody.

But even if you help just one person in your entire lifetime, you will already have made a difference. Even though you are but one drop in the ocean, the ocean would be less without that drop. As the saying goes, the chain is only as strong as the weakest link, so that every single person counts.

I just think it is psychologically harmful for people to think they are a nobody. If you believe you are no one, then why should you be worthy of any successes. Sure, in terms of world power, you may be a nobody, but to your mother, you are a somebody; to your friends who love you, you are a somebody; to yourself, you are everything.

Man looks upon appearance, but God looks upon the heart. Who or what is God? God is just energy.

No one cares about social status or material wealth in the spirit world. If you want to build a house in the spirit world, you don't need money, but just your imagination and your effort. Think it, and it appears. This is the power of thought. If you want to play king, just imagine it and you become one. These are stories from those who can communicate with the spirits.

Now I am not criticizing people with social status or material wealth, but I am saying that such successes form only one kind of success, and there are many other ways to see competence, goodness, and success in a person.

It is really no different from Earth life. The world is a stage and each person is playing a part. You were born with a purpose, no life is an accident. It is hard to say that any one life is better than another, for this one life is a very small part of your entire being and existence. To be happy, you just need to do what you were born to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 01:40:54 |Display all floors
A penny for your thoughts.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 02:53:54 |Display all floors
Here's a quote for you from Arthur Spooner:

Arthur: In my book, the losers are the real winners.
Doug: Then what are the winners?
Arthur: They're still winners. You can't take that away from them Douglas. After all, they did win.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 03:06:25 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-1-29 01:40
A penny for your thoughts.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Max Ehrmann, "Desiderata".
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 09:40:24 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-1-29 02:53
Here's a quote for you from Arthur Spooner:

Arthur: In my book, the losers are the real winners.

Well, I wasn't talking about winning and losing, but if you want to talk about it then I have some quotes for you.

"Everybody is born to compete as he chooses, but how can someone win if winning means that someone loses?" - John Scatman

"There are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win." - Elie Wiesel

Just think about that, because power corrupts. And I have to ask, who's to blame for the world's mess? The poor people?

I'm not saying material wealth or power isn't a good thing, wealth and power can be good if you are wise...But my point is, if you don't have those things, it doesn't mean you're a nobody. I don't want to support poverty or laziness, either. But I'm just saying material wealth or power is not a good enough yardstick. You have to look at the person's heart.

The road to material success or to worldwide fame is just that, one possible road to what we call success...But this world is becoming too materialistic in that all most people can see is success = wealth, but that's really not the case. To the average man who lives well and is happy, though he lives in no mansion and no one knows him outside his immediate circle, who is to say he is not successful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 12:16:26 |Display all floors
casseopeia Post time: 2015-1-29 09:40
Well, I wasn't talking about winning and losing, but if you want to talk about it then I have some ...

In business money is everything, in personal life money makes it easier not necessarily happy. It can make you happy too. Being poor and unsuccessful doesn't make anyone's life easier or happy.

You obviously don't know who is Arthur Spooner

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-29 12:48:55 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-1-29 12:16
In business money is everything, in personal life money makes it easier not necessarily happy. It  ...

Yes, and whose fault is that that the world has come to this point where you need money to make life easier?

I know that a lot of people are no longer moving out of their parents home because they can't afford it. It didn't used to be this way. So it means, it doesn't have to be this way.

But you are still equating material wealth with success. It's because that's your experience in your own life. You can't see poor people being happy. You can't see life at one with nature is already happiness. But I've been to the countryside untouched by western civilization, I've seen "poor" people. I can tell you, they are happy. It's like, wherever the West has place their footsteps upon, there the people are so miserable, because they haven't got enough money to buy an iPhone 6.

Yeah, I don't know who he is, and I don't even have the interest to look him up.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.