Author: casseopeia

No one is a nobody. [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-30 01:03:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 1584austin at 2015-1-30 01:04
TheHermit Post time: 2015-1-29 20:48
You can mock.... you philistine. School is where I read most of the poetry I still remember and re ...

Bend over Hermit

6" of the best for you

Or is it 6 of the best

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 01:36:32 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-1-30 01:03
Bend over Hermit

6" of the best for you

Kbay must have gotten the better of you..... methinks.

And you are looking for a victim...... perhaps you could try Seneca on a reciprocal arrangement.... he seems fair game.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-30 03:15:15 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2015-1-30 01:36
Kbay must have gotten the better of you..... methinks.

And you are looking for a victim..... ...

I miss the old Gaylord he is quite fun

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 07:27:40 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2015-1-30 03:15
I miss the old Gaylord he is quite fun

You are not getting a replacement..... so get used to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 07:52:35 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2015-1-30 05:31
Having read your opening address more carefully, it is easy to see why some people will have such  ...

Talking to an intelligent person is like a breath of fresh air.

It's the impression I have of the Mainland Chinese people, that they put themselves down too much. It's their attitude...Many of the Mainland Chinese men that I have talked to overseas seem to be rather lacking in confidence. When they talk to you, they often look down but not at you. You can hear it when they speak even in Chinese, it's the tone of their voice, I don't know how to describe it, but it's negative and lacking confidence. So I wonder why. Is it because they have been told they are a nobody? Because I don't get the same impression with other Asians.

Even dear incarnationabc doesn't think highly enough of herself. I do sense some sorrow. Will she appear to refute this? Well, I'll just say I might be wrong.

Selfishness is another thing all together. But most people are only selfish because they are unhappy. People's true nature is unselfish because what benefits you benefits all, as our consciousness are all connected. If people are truly happy, they will be unselfish.

When I mentioned the weakest link, I only meant to say, each person is important, if each person can be compared to a link. But when you call someone a nobody, I think it weakens them, thereby weakening the whole. But if they're a fighting soul, they might fight back. But many will just accept it unconsciously. To be strong, you have to help each other up.

People will fight for the status quo. If they are used to being called a nobody, they will insist it's not a big deal. But suggestions work subconsciously. If you believe you're a nobody, you really become a nobody.

It's like how the white elderly people will happily put themselves into nursing homes, because they have bought into the idea. But really, can strangers take better care of your parents than you? We don't even need to look at the abuse that goes on in nursing homes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 07:55:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-1-29 22:18
Sometimes you cannot see a request for a request, huh? There was no mockery in my post, Dee:r! P ...

Of course there was.... and was spotted not just by me but Austin as well, who chipped in with his snide remark.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-30 07:59:03 |Display all floors
ZhuJon Post time: 2015-1-30 05:31
Having read your opening address more carefully, it is easy to see why some people will have such  ...

Too much pride isn't good, but there is such a thing as being too humble. Have you heard the saying, "Don't be so humble, you're not that great."...I think there's some truth in it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.