Views: 4983|Replies: 34

Bystanders rob accident victim   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-1-15 10:44:56 |Display all floors

In the west bystanders to an accident don't just stand around and watch the victims.. too worried to offer help.
No, in the west the bystanders get busy robbing the victim.. or victims in this case.
First they robbed the 81 year old driver of the truck and then another group turn their attention to the bicycle
rider who was hit by the 81 year old driver and took his wallet while he lies on the street unconscience.

I guess the only good news here is that the bicyclist was unconscience. If he were awake he might have tried
to fight back and then he would have been killed for sure.

Welcome to the real west.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
OAKLAND, Calif.
A cyclist was seriously hurt after being hit by a truck on Tuesday morning and was lying unconscious in the street.
However, the story gets worse from there.

What 25-year-old Gregory Lowrie needed was help; instead, some witnesses did the unthinkable and robbed him.

The impact knocked the bicyclist some 50 feet from where he collided with a pickup truck. It happened around
11:30 a.m. at the corner of Eighth and Union streets in West Oakland.

"Well we were supposed to meet up. We were going to the food bank after he goes down to the clinic,"
Margaret Lowrie, the victim's mother, said.

Margaret says her son was riding his bike to the health clinic where he has been undergoing treatment for a
serious heart condition. A witness heard the crash and ran outside.

Witness Suga Slim said, "It was horrible and I mean he never moved after that. The man never moved."

But the story gets worse. While the 81-year-old driver of the truck was trying to help Gregory, a group of people
went through his truck and stole his wallet.

And while the Gregory was lying on the ground by his bike, badly injured, police say a second group of people
came up to him and took his wallet.

Another witness said, "It's ridiculous. You have a person who's injured. You have a man who hit this individual.
He's scared. It's sad. It really is sad."

Gregory's mother says they lost their home in Berkeley two years ago. Margaret said, "You know, when you're
down, things just sort of kick you... it seems like. I don't know... It's bad."

The mother and son have been living in an RV not far from accident, while trying to get their lives back together
and now this tragedy struck.

Gregory suffered a brain injury, broken bones and organ damage. He is in critical condition.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 12:57:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 12:58:51 |Display all floors
Well America is the land of opportunity.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 13:16:29 |Display all floors
billymillennium Post time: 2015-1-14 21:10
The crazies are in Northern California
Luckily Gregory wasn't driving a Ferrari

Yeah, everyone in Hollywood is completely normal.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 13:22:41 |Display all floors
I'm sure there are places in LA that this sort of thing might happen in.
I was in Bell Gardens for a week in 1973. Or was it Compton...
Anyway, I don't know if it's improved much since then.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 13:28:35 |Display all floors
A sad illustration of the motto: When one door closes, another slams shut in your face!  I assuming nobody broke in the RV while he was in hospital?  When it is not your day, it is not your day!
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-15 13:42:08 |Display all floors
The silence from many forum members is deafening.
If this story happened in China you'd hear a loud chorus of proclamations about how there are no morals in China.
But since it happened in a western nation.... silence....

We all know who the members are..
who would be jumping all over this story..
if it happened in China..

You'll hear them loud and clear
when the next story about an unfortunate event
that happened in China
is posted in this forum

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.