Views: 6954|Replies: 28

Does a tax on junk food make sense?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-13 07:34:40 |Display all floors
Some experts suggested the authorities taxing junk food and soft drinks because childhood obesity poses a serious threat to their health. While the food and restaurant industry cites personal choice and a lack of exercise, many reports have shown that unhealthy food is cheaper, more readily available and more heavily marketed than more healthful foods.

Do you agree to tax on junk food?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 09:01:33 |Display all floors
I agree wit it ! but who can tell me how to define the "junk food "?!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 09:02:51 |Display all floors
i strongly favor the taxing on junk food as it does no good for our health. it has no nutrition at all.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-13 09:40:34 |Display all floors
Good idea in theory, but defining what constitutes junk food would be problematic in many cases.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 09:59:19 |Display all floors
chinablue2014 Post time: 2015-1-13 09:02
i strongly favor the taxing on junk food as it does no good for our health. it has no nutrition at a ...

If it makes you happy to eat junk food once in awhile, then it does have benefits to your health. Stress kills just as much if not more than obesity. So if eatting junk food a few times a month puts a smile on your face and reduces stress. Then it cant be all bad.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 10:41:37 |Display all floors
Sounds like a very stupid idea and impossible to implement.

I'm pretty sure the author of this topic thinks only McDonlads, KFC and Pizza Hut are junk food. Here's the reality: all Chinese fast food is "junk food". The fried chicken, la mian, fried street noodles, street BBQ, many Chinese food have so much oil.

People should eat whatever they want and think is good for them.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2015-1-13 12:50:25 |Display all floors
The Big Mac Tax?

You can tax liquor all you want but there are always going to be problem drinkers.
It is not workable.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.