Views: 5560|Replies: 22

Can doctor lie to patients?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-13 07:29:37 |Display all floors
I think doctor should never lie to their patients, even for their own good. Each patient, including the teminally illed, has the right to know their real condition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 09:04:34 |Display all floors
General speaking doctor should not lie to patients ,but something should let's patients knows......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 09:08:38 |Display all floors
doctors have duty to tell the truth to the patient.  they should choose a suitable way of telling if the condition of the patient is poor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 10:53:20 |Display all floors
it depends, i think. If someone who suffered from worest disease that he or she can feel must be told the truth. that means he or she can guess the truth and has a positive mindset.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-13 13:01:16 |Display all floors
Doctors for the most part (in the West) do take in to account the patients cognisance when telling a patient what is wrong with them, especially with the very young and the elderly who are two groups who are prone to give up fighting a major illness.

Doctors are only human and as such they have differing levels of communication ability, some are great at telling you what's going on, others simply can't do it well and a small proportion of western doctors treat patients as being unable to comprehend all but the most simplistic explanation of their illness.

I really look forward to seeing how the posters above react when being told that they may well die in the next few hours or days.  It's not exactly good for the psyche.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 16:16:20 |Display all floors
No. Doctors should tell patients the truth. But how to tell them is a problem. I think doctors should take account of the patients' backgrounds, ages and current situations, etc. Patients are not just the objects of the medical treatment.
I read a book How We Die written by Sherwin Nuland in college, a great book to  understand  more about  death by exploring the deadly diseases and relationship between doctors and patients.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-13 18:33:41 |Display all floors
Doctors should not lie, there is no reason why they should.
In my home country it is called 'duty of care' to the patient.
You don't go to a doctor to be lied to about your health.
if it is a child, the doctor should tell the truth to the parents.
If it is an elderly person, the doctor should talk to the family, and the family decide what is best depending on the understanding of the person.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.