Views: 1901|Replies: 3

Is it fit to teach kids ancient poem? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-4 16:48:38 |Display all floors
My elder brother enjoys literature and he often looks after his three-year-old grandson. One day, he taught the little kid Chinese ancient poem that goes like this:

Do farming work in the field in the strong sunlight at noon,
Drops of sweat come down into the soil where the young crop-plants grow;
WHO know that the story about the food in your bowl?
Every single of grain of the meal is full of hard work!

However, the child was not as active as the adult expected, WHO ONLY stare at the familiar face with strange Words.

To my brother's surprise, when the boy was going to bed with his grandmother-in-Law,  he sang the poem from the beginning to the end!

Brother takes it as pride. I can't agree with him!  I wonder:

1) that poem is difficult for pupils to understand, let alone to such a "baby"!
2) it is scientific to force little kids repeat meaningless Words to them!

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-4 18:29:43 |Display all floors
Correction to " 2) it is scientific to force little kids repeat meaningless Words to them!":

It is "not" scientific to force .........

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-4 19:44:59 |Display all floors
well, in my opinion, if the child is interested in reciting these ancient poems then it is ok for him to do so. we can not expect a little child to understhand all the things  he started to learn at a young age.
when he grow older, he will understand if we explain it to him. and he will have a deep impression on what he have learned.
so don''t worry about that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-4 19:54:09 |Display all floors
Children learn through listening and repetition, understanding comes in time.
it is never too early to hear traditional songs/stories/poems/music.
Children learn faster if they are not spoken to in a childish manner.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.