Views: 4847|Replies: 27

Should college education be market-oriented or career-oriented?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-1-3 20:00:25 |Display all floors
Now finding a decent job has become most college students' biggest headache. Enlarging enrollment in colleges contributes much to the tough job hunting situation, therefore college education is expected to be more career-oriented to alleviate the problem.

Do you agree?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 22:08:13 |Display all floors
think not .  we need people to do different things in this world.
everything is linked .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 22:27:39 |Display all floors
for the most part Chinese universities turn out mainly clones who are unable to function independently.
SO many students ask me what they should do after graduation because they have no idea how to use their initiative, think independently or have any strong goal other than 'make a lot of money' - very little idea how to do this.
They are ripe for exploitation

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-5 23:16:44 |Display all floors
i dont understand your question.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-1-5 23:24:43 |Display all floors
It's not that easy in UK right now. When I left school in 1967 you could go to nearly any factory or place of employment and get a job straight away.

When I am in the UK now, I get many youngsters knocking at my warehouses asking for jobs it's rare that I have someone leave to make space for one. We just wish them luck

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-6 00:52:41 |Display all floors
still looking for an "assistant" which has solid experience in technical textiles, nonwovens, production and related machinery/production-lines/QC    NO chance to find a proper one, even i offer an high salary
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-6 06:50:39 |Display all floors
I couldn't imagine a world where everyone has a college degree. Now we are told you will never get anywhere without one. So, why are there no job openings for all these graduates? Because many of these companies are only looking for cheap labor. All the jobs requiring an education have been filled. Does this mean the new grads wasted their money, or that the line just got longer and longer?  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.