Author: celinawang

How can I make friends with foreigners?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-29 15:48:59 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-1-1 20:14
if you are looking for a foreigner for chat only as a language partner, do not expect them to be you ...

'so, why do you want a 'foreign friend'?'

Yes, I'm wondering too! Come clean on your intention, so people can make up their mind whether to be your 'friend'! If you just want to practice oral English, then you are not being honest, you shouldn't be making use of foreign friends for that purpose unless you tell them first and see if they agree!
If you want a foreign passport to the West, pls also say so.
Of course, you may not want to say so if you think foreigners are rich and you want to dig their wallets.
I am not accusing you of any, just if, in case.
And what's wrong with making local friends? Why must be foreign friends? Are you suffering from the 'chong yang' syndrome?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 15:53:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-5-29 16:34

duplicated

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 15:53:55 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-1-1 20:46
Like has been said before, being friends with someone cannot be forced. It is natural coming through ...

'As for a friend, approaching someone in the street and asking them is strange, you would never make friends with a Chinese person like this. '

Yes, Chinese people are afraid of strangers, their mama teach them from young, not to talk to strangers  (bu yao he moshengren shuo hua) and they grow up with this still stuck in their mind.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 16:03:51 |Display all floors
I would run away if some stranger in China comes up to me and say she wants to be my friend, bearing in mind many people got cheated by strangers chatting them up! They even pretend to be your 'laoxiang' ie. from the same city or hometown as you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 16:07:38 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-1-3 09:42
Just drop your pants and take a chance

Gosh, she might take it literally!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 16:20:02 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2015-1-4 10:18
You can't save people from themselves in most cases.  However teaching people to open their eyes a ...

'Then there was another girl I knew who was stalked and attacked by a guy she met online, the sad part about that was that the girl was dying of bone cancer at the time.'

The flipside to that story is the case of a very old laowai who flew all the way from Canada to Shenzhen to search for a very young Chinese girl he chatted and became friends with online! After several days walking down the streets with a signboard hanging from his neck proclaiming his love for her, he found her!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 16:25:48 |Display all floors
idorun Post time: 2015-1-5 05:59
send me an Email I will send you my QQ

'send me an Email I will send you my QQ'

Be very careful of any laowai who wants to make friends with you without even knowing who you are or what you want, he is probably thinking of what he wants from you!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.