Views: 2606|Replies: 13

What do you think of parental monitoring gadgets?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-16 14:38:36 |Display all floors
With the widespread adoption of technologies like GPS and Internet-connected surveillance cameras, parents can now keep an eye on their children wherever they are.

The combination of high-tech gadgetry and hyper-protective parents has spawned the creation of a GPS-equipped wristwatch that allows parents to listen in real time to what their children are doing. The device has sparked complaints from teachers since some parents began outfitting their children with the watch so they can listen in on what happens at school.

A teacher surnamed You at a well-known primary school in Pudong New Area discovered someone was eavesdropping on her lessons after a parent of one of her students posted something she said online while class was still in session. You soon found out the parent had given her child with a watch that could transmit the sounds in the classroom to her mobile phone. Soon, other parents decided to outfit their own children with the devices.

You was furious to find out her students' parents were spying on her. It made her feel as if they distrusted her. After You told her fellow teachers what had happened, they discovered that some of their students were also wearing the watches.

What do you think of such device?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 17:01:19 |Display all floors
a little too much..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 18:26:45 |Display all floors
It's an abuse of technology. At least teachers should be informed of parents' using such devices. Teachers' privacy needs to be protected. Parents can send their children to other schools if they distrust teachers.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 20:38:38 |Display all floors
xhyglh Post time: 2014-12-16 18:26
It's an abuse of technology. At least teachers should be informed of parents' using such devices. Te ...

Parents can send their children to other schools if they distrust teachers

"all same"
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 22:38:56 |Display all floors
A teacher has no expectation of privacy when their with students.  A parent has every right to monitor their child.  

Most university teachers in the US record themselves then post it online.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 22:48:12 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Hgj_Spartacus at 2014-12-16 22:51

I think, everything is not  entirely full of disadvantages.Conversely,my opinions are maybe different from  these above comments . In china , such phenomenons are very general, a huge number of teachers are not  eligible to their responsiblilitys.Fox example, come to work late and leave early, insulting words,phisycal punishment, passive work slowdown,and so on. Teacher's work should be supervised by the shool, the social,together with  students' parent. Then the teachers can be encouraged, improve their work and quality,prenventing bad actions and words of teacher which might be harmful to the student.Also,by this way , bad teachers could be uncovered and composed to the crowd. At the same time ,The teacher who is  really respectful ,hardworking , excellent enough,  could be found by the crowds. Although  this behiviors of listening in on class sould like wrong and shameful ,the thought of the parents could be comprehended easily. Nowadays, high technical devices and technologies change all our life as well as all kinds of industies . I suggest that , the school could supply online videos in the classroom publicly on the internet .The combination of students' parents and the school  could be an enhancement  to the education of the students.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-16 23:27:16 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-12-16 20:25
This is perfidious, a huge disrespect to the teachers and abuse of parental power.

A ridiculously incorrect use of the word 'perfidious'. Don't use big words until you really know what they mean.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.