Author: english-learner

Why are foreigners leaving China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-14 21:11:51 |Display all floors
messi30 Post time: 2014-12-13 07:04
Yes, its safer

How safe is the West that you being Chinese use a foreign white woman pictures as  ...

Yeah...she is who she says she is in the picture...

And I am from britain, I also agree China is waaaaay safer. Not just a little bit, it is a lot safer than Britain. Other countries I cant comment on.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-10 07:46:09 |Display all floors
I once taught a forensic examiner for the Beijing police department. While he never said too much detail, in a class on crime other Beijing students were saying Beijing is so safe and there are very few murders. The FE just laughed and said, " You have no idea!"
When they asked he replied "there are places in Beijing where people are killed almost daily." but wouldn't say more.
In a city with 22 million people plus, there is massive underworld of crime, gambling, drugs, fake fa piao trade, fakes trading  and theft with overlapping groups competing against each other. most of this stays clear of foreigners to avoid making the press. So long as it stays within the right areas it will never get reported.
But to be fair, I feel pretty safe in China, so long as I don't accidentally insult a drunken off duty police officer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-10 21:06:06 |Display all floors
I think Chinese labor is more expensive than before and some foreign countries choose to leave China is another reason for this decrease.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-10 21:35:01 |Display all floors
I am a foreignet who recently left Tianjin and moved back to Germany.
For me I had several reasons why I wanted to move back:
-Family: Me and my Chinese wife want to have a family and the medical services in Germany are much better. Furthermore there are less rumours and pressure from family and friends when it comes to family planning.
-Environment: The air quality was nasty especially during winter time.
-Nationalism: The rise of nationalism made me nervous because nothing good ever comes out of it.
-Security: I do not mean security in terms of crime (although fraud is a big issue in China) but in terms of bureaucracy. In Germany brueaucracy is reliable and works quite well as well as the justice system. Also the officials are friendly and helpful. In China you either need luck or guanxi when you are dealing with officials.
-School system: I was teaching and when I witnessed the school system and that it teaches the students not to work together but against each other I was shocked. I do not want my child to suffer that level of education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-14 13:20:31 |Display all floors
air pollution not exists in beijing, almost in all places in China, severals begun to immigrate to overseas...but most have to stay...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-17 18:07:17 |Display all floors
Why are foreigners leaving China?

Because they are getting tired of all the rhetoric and B.S.? Why would anybody leave a country where "fraud" is the flavour of the week? Where hospitals extort their fees from the sick and the dying? Where doctors routinely perform illegal procedures? Why would anyone leave a country where the air, on some days, literally makes your skin itch and your eyes burn ? Why would anyone leave a country where there is an elevated risk of communicable disease from lack of social hygiene and etiquette? Why would anyone leave a country where jobs are based upon colour of skin and geographical background?
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-17 18:39:19 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2015-4-17 18:07
Why are foreigners leaving China?

Because they are getting tired of all the rhetoric and B.S.? Why  ...

wow....what are you still doing in china?...oh wait, don't tell me, someone's got you in chains and you can't leave?

by the way, all the things you mentioned can be found in western countries as well....you only need to look for them....do you really think the west is the epitome of all that is good and clean and only of all that is good and clean?....oh, please...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.