Author: bfsuleo

Is it fair to have children when you cannot afford them?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-12-10 15:07:15 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-12-9 22:45
Well I didn't grow up hating the poor.  I did not grow up in a conservative household.  My parents ...
I was also a single mother.  I divorced with 3 children age six and under.  I left an abusive marriage.  For awhile, we needed government help.  It was complete hell, but I went from living in a shelter for battered women to having my own business and living in an upscale neighborhood in 10 years.  I worked and put myself through college.  During that time because of child care expenses I was literally working for 1 dollar an hour.  I was only on welfare for 3 months.  But for about six years while I struggled through the worst of it - I was accused of being a welfare queen more times than I can count.  The utter hatred I felt towards me and my family from people like you and lebeast is something I will never forget or forgive really.

We need to be supportive of families so they can better themselves.  We need to stop being so hateful and judgemental.  I make decent money now.  I can tell you with complete honesty - I care not about my tax dollars going to help families in need.  In fact, its the best use of my tax dollars.  I'd rather feed 100 families than have my tax dollars go to bigger and badder killing machines and war.

I don't think we should hate the poor Andrew.  It doesn't help anything.

You're feeling hate...from me? Really? Because you got welfare?

Hate to tell you but it's all in your head, JF, REALLY

Look, you pulled yourself out of your situation. You had your kids when married. It went pear shaped.

That is exactly the situation welfare is necessary and people such as you don't abuse the system

You miss the point entirely, perhaps deliberately, perhaps not. Both scenarios have implications

Welfare is not a "gib me dat" way of life which it clearly is for many, who could otherwise work and not recklessly procreate simply for something to do fully expecting the "government" (actually other real people working and going without) to pick up the tab

Can you not see the social harm in this? Or do you simply see comity? Perhaps it is blinding in its obviousness...

Your use of the term hate is rather off point and just wrong. Can you not see that?
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-10 15:11:25 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-12-10 02:47
Except the well-off are not going to have enough children to sustain the population.

How do you e ...
Except the well-off are not going to have enough children to sustain the population.

How do you encourage them to have more children if you can't use money as an incentive?

You don't take it off them in the first place!

I think the best way would be a 401K equivalent for parents. A tax free sum earned and kept in an account purely used for child rearing. That incentivises work and reproduction of workers.

The present system is ruinous. You'll maybe see this in your lifetime and if not, definitely your children will. You can't compete with some cultures who will outbreed and every copy they make is another welfare recipient for life. It's unbeatable unless tackled. It HAS to be addressed or in the end, the USA will simply drown in debt and balkanise.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-11 06:43:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-11 06:46:13 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-11 13:17:04 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-12-9 15:40
Only 300 dollars a year? I am sure that was just made up!

93% percent of statistics on the intern ...

a child is one of the cheapest produce a female can create.

milk is from her own consumption
infant needs gruel in fish meal, vegetable-fruit juice
as the grow older, 1/3 portion of a meal.....

in our modern KMT region, free access to education, health, library....
and in labour short KMT, a child can access a teacher in public school, a master to apprentice

what's the big deal.
IT'S ONLY A face PROBLEM in the KMT region.
Too many CULT trouble, and TALKATIVE "black ying" women.

YES, it cost little to bring up children.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-11 13:19:39 |Display all floors
only educated, university or college women has problem conceiving......

....and they can definately afford to buy APARTMENTS or "public housing" in the KMT region.

What's the big deal?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-12-11 13:21:07 |Display all floors
kids can earn from US$350 to US$1,000 a month at age 16 in most KMT cities.........easily!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.