Author: parcher

i'm off to buy my xmas tree and decorations   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-14 14:45:19 |Display all floors
We've been doing it for the last 15+ years! Not bothered to go back to Spain anymore!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 14:46:01 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2014-11-13 20:59
chongqing...
i know the 5 star hotels will have a xmas dinner. just wondered if anyone else has trie ...

Cook it yourself......normally they're a rip off and nothing impressive!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2014-11-14 15:06:29 |Display all floors
No returning to the UK for me either. I had to return there toward the end of last year for a short time and ending up staying longer than expected, and over Christmas. 'Whatever happened to Christmas! I bought the Selection boxes for the Carol singings not one called, so I ate the bloody things myself. Kept myself busy catching up with the 'need to do things' around the home and attending the needs of a couple of classic cars.
Here in CN I really don't do Christmas anymore, my wife gets more excited about it. But to be true, well really its just another day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 15:15:58 |Display all floors
Christmas in Shenzhen is not the same as back home across the pond
Family will go out for a dinner and maybe exchange some presents

What makes it much different though is there are not alot of people saying Merry Christmas to you as you pass them by. Also it is much warmer here. No chimney for a stocking to be hung from(I know there are other ways to hang stockings).
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-14 15:33:53 |Display all floors
I'm fighting my wife, we have more than enough chrissy tree decorations, it's like being married to a child

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-14 15:35:05 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2014-11-14 02:59
Don't blame you, it's cold there, windy there, wet there I aint going back either

Dam hot here, I'm riding the motorcycle at 3am so it is cool and I don't get baked during the day

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-11-14 20:05:35 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-11-14 14:46
Cook it yourself......normally they're a rip off and nothing impressive!

i just asked the marriot hotel today and they said the price is 880 rmb for their xmas dinner.....
i told  the receptionist i would want a  free night at the hotel as well for that bloody price.....
forget it......i'll just eat a plate of noodles.....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.