Views: 1104|Replies: 8

How does love in China differ from the West?[6]- Chinadaily.com.cn [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-13 08:38:51 |Display all floors
MichaelM (US)

Why "I hate you" means the opposite?

If a woman says: "I hate you", it means in fact, she loves you. It really isn't used much in the West. Westerners don't think the way many Chinese do about this. Westerners are more direct in expressing personal feelings, especially when it comes to love. I don't spend time with people I hate or act like I hate. I spend time with people that I l ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-13 08:38:52 |Display all floors
one big difference is the shopping period. Chinese will date 1 or 2 people before deciding to marry, while in the West we will date several times or more before finding the right person. and it doesn't mean sex has to be involve,d we are talking about finding someone to spend the rest of your life with. you don't look at one apartment before buying, you even look at several toasters in the shop before choosing one so why rush to marry the first person that is willing to spend time with you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 10:01:28 |Display all floors
The difference between "love" in the east and west is the pronunciation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 18:04:58 |Display all floors
In traditional Chinese point of view, women is dependent or secondary in social status.For instance, if a couple have a daughter, they may try to have a son in later years regardless of the "only child policy". On the other hand, if their first child is a son, they may not try that hard for more children.
As a result, women are like goods in a shop to be sold out as at a better price and at their prime. In the mind of many Chinese, 16~25 is the prime for a woman while 30~50, for a man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 18:05:28 |Display all floors
In traditional Chinese point of view, women is dependent or secondary in social status.For instance, if a couple have a daughter, they may try to have a son in later years regardless of the "only child policy". On the other hand, if their first child is a son, they may not try that hard for more children.
As a result, women are like goods in a shop to be sold out as at a better price and at their prime. In the mind of many Chinese, 16~25 is the prime for a woman while 30~50, for a man.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 18:06:07 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-16 18:07:32 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.