Views: 5130|Replies: 9

Hello from Shanghai! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-11-10 22:19:34 |Display all floors
Hi everyone,

My name is Thomas, I am very fond of Chinese culture and everything related to the very unique digital way of life we can find here.

Here seems the best place to start,

I am very much looking forward to writing about everything I see and find interesting about China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-11 10:27:32 |Display all floors
I just want to tell you that this is not a regular forum where you can innocently discuss things. The Chinese people don't like to be contradicted. If you must contradict them, do it indirectly. Or else you will be categorized and put on the other side, and they will doubt you forever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-13 16:45:11 |Display all floors
Thanks for the insight

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 15:52:46 |Display all floors
i don't understand it, chinese people are so strict about certain rules, but they ignore other rules, for example, driving rules, or no smoking signs, etc...some rules must be followed, other rules can be broken, it sounds so arbitrary...but i guess it's true of any society...people are not really rational beings...they follow the crowd and they do things as it's done, rather than think for themselves...

i just happened to come across some of the harsher chinese people, it seems this forum is full of them...they get offended by something you said and omg, all hell breaks loose. it's just if it only happened once or twice, i would not pay it any attention, but it keeps happening....it's just the women though, i actually think the chinese men are a nicer breed here...however, in real life, it is different, i have to say most chinese people, including women, are rather friendly and nice...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 19:44:33 |Display all floors
thomasinchina Post time: 2014-11-13 16:45
Thanks for the insight

Welcome, don't pay much attention to what you hear, just care about you see.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-14 21:07:41 |Display all floors
voice_cd Post time: 2014-11-14 19:44
Welcome, don't pay much attention to what you hear, just care about you see.

one thing i like about chinese people, some of them give very good advice :) they are practical, whereas i am a dreamer.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-11-27 15:57:33 |Display all floors
surfer567 Post time: 2014-11-14 15:52
i don't understand it, chinese people are so strict about certain rules, but they ignore other rules ...

i can unserstand you, your real experience made you think this way, hope you can find more interesting things and nice people in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.