Author: JFenix

Gender equality will happen - but not until 2095   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-31 05:35:57 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-31 04:32
Well I have not seen my children in 8 years, till the other week. They hate their mother and her f ...

Weren't you the one who tried to pay all your child support upfront?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-10-31 05:47:02 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-31 05:35
Weren't you the one who tried to pay all your child support upfront?

I did pay up front we had an agreement. Now I'm paying again

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 08:45:44 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-31 05:47
I did pay up front we had an agreement. Now I'm paying again

Yeah.  I'm just so shocked that they allow child support to be paid up front.  Honestly, I think its a bad idea, no offense.

There is just something about the regular payments that ensure another kind of contract....for women at least, if you want them to keep paying, you have to live up to your end of the agreement.  Whereas paying up front kind of means you don't have to deal with each other anymore (and don't want to).

I think they should change the laws on that.  Paying it all upfront also means you've kind of given up all future custody...I mean things could change to where you have the kids and SHE is required to pay child support - but if you've paid upfront....  I don't know.  Just seems unworkable because you can't go back and change things and in life there is always change.  Change in income, change in circumstance...etc.

It makes it easier to just slip out of sight if everything is paid upfront (for both parties).  I hope Australia changes this to avoid more tragedies that you experienced.  There was someone else here went through the same thing by paying all 'upfront'.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 08:52:30 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-31 08:45
Yeah.  I'm just so shocked that they allow child support to be paid up front.  Honestly, I think i ...

You can reach agreements in Australia, then the right wing femmiest get involved. She is now in a hole for the rest of her life, $700,000 at 10% a month intrest to me. The children hate her ans have told her she is dead to them. The children have guilt for how they abused me only to find out I was telling the truth, I lost their childhood because of that evil scum of a woman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 09:01:28 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-10-31 08:52
You can reach agreements in Australia, then the right wing femmiest get involved. She is now in a  ...

But those agreements don't really benefit the fathers.  You might think so, but like I said...you kind of lose your bargaining chip.  If you pay me up front - I can just take off.  I don't have to deal with you anymore - I already have your money.

That is my point.  They should never be allowed to start with.  Ultimately, it does not serve the interests of either party or the children.  All that money can be spent in a year and then there is nothing left for the children.

Some advice - don't let your hatred for her and what she did dominate your relationship with your kids now.  Just enjoy them as much as you can.  Good luck.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 09:10:42 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-31 09:01
But those agreements don't really benefit the fathers.  You might think so, but like I said...you  ...

They hate her by themselves no need for me to do anything. They never want to see her again.
My daughter, is 19 yo, I have sent her back to school to study maths and sciences so she can study to be a doctor.
My son, he is now in a private school, studying maths, science and art, he is unusual good at maths, science and art.
These children need to be pushed hard to get the best results, their stepmother pushes them to study as well. They hate it but they understand why I do this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-31 10:07:49 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2014-10-28 21:27
But I think if they still see it from the father and that behavior is socially acceptable - why no ...

Far sooner than 2095 in the western world and China. The delay will be in the Arab and African world. In my 72 years in Canada, I've seen gender equality become almost complete among educated people.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.