Views: 2738|Replies: 8

Why most of nowadays young people don't like Peking Opera ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-28 13:59:37 |Display all floors

Why most of nowadays young people don'tlike Peking Opera ?
What on earth makes nowadays young people indifferentto this classic art which was incomparably brilliant at one time?

P.S: Some people hold that the decline of Peking Opera owes to nowadays diversified forms of art. However, this isnot the right answer to above question. Why Beijing Opera’s artistic competence isso poor? What are its defects?  Why is it so hard for thoseyoung people with new aesthetic habits to accept this art?

GONG Bozhi, UC browser Product Manager of WP version

When an art lost its value for appreciating,the audience did nothing wrong, but the art producers.

Just as a product manager couldn’t blamethe viewers when he performed bad, otherwise, he cannot handlenothing.

Since somany classic excerpts in Peking Opera and so vital it is, thenwhy don’t experts make something new?

What werethey doing when photographers were collecting beautiful spots at the countryside?

What werethey doing when GUO Degang, a famous Chinese cross-talk comedian, wasperforming in his theater?

Andwhat were they doing when Zhao Benshan, the most famous skit and sitcom actor whoonce almost became a beggar, was struggling to promotingthe Couple Dance Opera (an art form popular in Northeast China)?

OK. Let’s forget the things mentioned above. Butwhat were those experts doing when Gong Linna was performing the “divine tune”Tante?

Let’sjust leave the requirement of “Content is king” alone, but weare still curious about why it seems so difficult for making Peking Opera be closedto our daily life?

The audiencefeel bored with the old opera contents. Put it plainly, they dodislike the old operas, such as Su-san’ Arraignment and theLucky Purse.

We cannot consider the TV play is also down-fallingwhen the plays such as "Story of Editorial Department" and "Desire" aredisplayed everyday but without audience.

So, is it so difficult to give Obama a “Black” role in Peking Opera?

Allsocial status are gained through competition and one’s own efforts. Just as thebeggars even need to fight for foods with dogs in their worst situation.

The Peking Operacouldn’t place its hope only on the government’s reward of “the quintessence ofChinese culture” or a supportive Quyi channel. The real hope of Peking Opera isits creativity.

It comes to thefollowing conclusions:

1. The Peking Opera is really fantastic. But young people don’t like it just because nowadaysopera producers cannot provide the real valuable plays.

2. They do consider themselves as important roles.

I am able to give the answer to this question until rightnow even I’ve seen it long long ago.

In my opinion, the young people are not into Beijing opera because they’ve neverseen a good one.

The Beijing opera to which the youthof today can be exposed are nothing more than the ones performed on the variousgalas represented by Spring Festival Gala. Those ones were not worthy of theirfondness, didn’t win their heart either.

Just like more than 10 years ago, no one waslistening to Xiangsheng(cross talk) at all,there were not so many fans fond ofXiangsheng in the society either.Because during that period, Xiangsheng(Crosstalk)was not worth loving.

Excellent art doesn’t need to bepromoted too hard or to be popularized compulsorily. For the whole life of MeiLanfang, he didn’t need to shout out that“I am an artist!Iam the quintessence of Chinese culture!“Anyhow, facingtruly magnificent art, anyone who is perceptive and in their right mind won’tremain indifferent.

It’s not thecase that the audience don’t want to appreciate that, but these art can’tcapture their heart any more.

Why did the majority of young people inTang Dynasty enjoy poems rather than Fu of Han Dynasty?

Why did the majority of young people inSong Dynasty enjoy ci rather than poems of Tang Dynasty?

Why did the majority of young people inYuan Dynasty enjoy poems rather than Ci of Song Dynasty?

Why did the majority of young people inMing Dynasty enjoy novels rather than Qu of Yuan Dynasty?

Does this analogy make sense?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just choose one topic from ZHIHU and translate.

READ ORIGINAL ARTICLES HERE

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 20:30:52 |Display all floors
i love all sort of operas especially my cantonese opera  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 20:40:20 |Display all floors
Of course I like it very much !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 20:49:04 |Display all floors
too slow..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-28 21:39:18 |Display all floors
I used to watch occasionally those shows in street or park events. It was nice to watch it but I stand it only 10 minutes of the show, sorry, I respect the Chinese culture but I found those shows nice but boring too
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 01:53:52 |Display all floors
Is it the same as western opera,a bunch of fat people screaming at each other

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-29 07:30:05 |Display all floors
because most young chinese can't understand what they are saying.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.