Author: incarnationabc

Flower Power vs Military Sabre: China Wants Peace, What USA Wants?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-26 20:23:59 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-26 09:10
We have too big population in China.

Oversea Chinese can help the USA become a better country.

When you walk through the streets of almost every big city in greater Boston you will see Chinese.Two of the cities near me are about one third Chinese.At one time they went home to visit family but now they have their family here.I don't think they came here to protest wars,they don't seem concerned.You remind me of the U.S. in the fifties,people building bomb shelters to protect themselves from war.Come here again and I will give you a personal tour of what you missed.Happy Chinese, almost all in the restaurant business.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 20:30:06 |Display all floors
kenfig Post time: 2014-10-26 07:23
When you walk through the streets of almost every big city in greater Boston you will see Chinese. ...

we have Chinese buses here in nu york to boston runnin like the army bus depot to the PX ev'ry other hours  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 20:43:56 |Display all floors
kenfig Post time: 2014-10-26 20:23
When you walk through the streets of almost every big city in greater Boston you will see Chinese. ...

Approximately 300 protesters gathered outside ABC-TV's headquarters in New York on Friday in response to a segment last month on the late-night television show Jimmy Kimmel Live, in which a young boy joked about killing everyone in China to erase US debt.

Although both ABC and Kimmel have apologized for the Oct 16 skit, various Chinese American advocacy groups are pushing for further action, including firing the host and taking steps to prevent such future incidents.

"Today we stand here to protest not only the Jimmy Kimmel Kids Table Show, but also ABC's lack of a sincere, public apology for Jimmy Kimmel's misguided decision," organizers said in material distributed at the protest. "You should hold yourselves accountable for teaching our children that killing others is an acceptable practice."
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 23:16:37 |Display all floors
I think you can hold jimmy kimmel and abc responsible if they knew what the kids were going to say in advance.. if they knew and still went ahead with the airing of the show then they are responsible for the content.....but either way we need to look at why people are saying these things.... especially children.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 23:36:55 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-23 19:25

Fact 1: 58,220 American soldiers had been killed

Dylan ....      I personally like .... Peter Paul and Mary's  version....I would have thought you maybe like Woody Guthrie.... his thing was more in tune with the times and communism.....but this brings back many memories both good and bad....  40 years ago I would have no problem in answering this question on behalf of America  ( THE USA)... but today I don't know .. I personally want peace... but today I am not sure of what America   (THE USA )wants ....but I sincerely hope that most people are like me...... they are more concerned with surviving with everyday life to worry about the world ....I believe that once given the chance they can see that the American  ( The USA ) government is going in the wrong direction...outside of living in the fantasy world of "to each their own " I am really not sure of an answer.....   ...   sorry my friend I do not prove much help in this matter.....     .....................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 23:44:44 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-23 19:30
Patriotism should be only extolled when enemies invade!

After the end of the war, you might die, an ...

maybe you can use these word from Dylan .....

The Times they are a changing.........

.Gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'

Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
Keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
Don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they, they are a-changing

Come senators, Congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand at the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it's ragin'
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls

Come mothers and fathers
Throughout the land
Don't criticize
What you can't understand
Your sons and your daughters
Are beyond your command
Your old road is
Rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand
For your times they are a-changin'

The line it is drawn
And the curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
As the present now
Your old road
Will later be past
Rapidly fadin'
And the first one now
Will later be last

peace..... out      

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-26 23:47:29 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-26 20:43
Approximately 300 protesters gathered outside ABC-TV's headquarters in New York on Friday in respo ...

Are you crazy, do you think you can go through life thinking there is nothing but good in the world.Are you going to give us a daily news report on every negative thing that happens in the US.At least we report the good with the bad.Our press isn't controlled by the government.When you have a free society then you can give us your opinion,not the governments on what happens.You must be awful frustrated with your life to spend your time looking for articles about demeaning other countries.Your people are coming here and getting an education no matter if there legal or illegal.Schools can't discriminate.Your answer is don't educate the masses that way nobody will question your authority

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.