Author: incarnationabc

Flower Power vs Military Sabre: China Wants Peace, What USA Wants?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-24 07:51:06 |Display all floors

This book was contributed by Robert Strange McNamara who was the eighth Secretary of Defense, serving from 1961 to 1968 under Presidents John F. Kennedy.

I read the Chinese review about this book with Mr. McNamara's quote about his reflection on the war when it was over. I'd recommend every American to read this book if they really care their own country, care lives of theirs and other people's, care hard-earned taxpayers' money.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 14:41:35 |Display all floors
I applaud you for your writing here. Excellent piece.

The American people want peace as well, I'm sure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 14:52:43 |Display all floors
China will only have peace if it has a strong military.
Generous treatment of captured enemy troops.
Death to those that choose to fight.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 23:24:14 |Display all floors
In all the time spent researching Vietnam,you should have spent some time on Dillon and Baez the folk singers.It was more about the good weed from Vietnam than how well they sang.The flower people were also known as the turned on generation.The shooting at Kent State was a main factor in expediting the end to the war.It was one coward of a national guardsman,at no directive of his officer in command,that really got the movement in high gear.McNamara was the biggest war monger that ever held office.Considering his background was from Ford Motors it was amazing that anyone ever listened to him.Instead of deciding who's at fault or who's war like,go out and let your voice be heard.Sitting around writing comments about what happened over 50 years ago doesn't doesn't prove who wants peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-25 10:01:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-25 10:29
MisterZhu Post time: 2014-10-24 14:52
China will only have peace if it has a strong military.

Sorry for replying late.

I agree with you, Mister Zhu!

Dr. Wchao37, who was a veteran forumite but has left CD, said in his thread, "Weakness is despised outside Chinese mainland, and politeness without strength equals weakness."

We need arm ourselves to teeth for self-defense to protect our own motherland if anyone who want to invade into China.

China was an easy prey to Western predatory powers, being dismembered, being colonised, being killed, being fired, be ...

I mainly talk this to American people who love peace, who don't want to waste their money on wars, who cherish lives, instead of Uncle Sam, their government, which now is trying to encircle China, to trap China, to threaten China, to contain China, to bash China...

I am not a Pollyanna to believe that a leopard can change its spots, but I hope their own people could...Even it is a tiny voice...
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-25 23:32:58 |Display all floors
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-10-25 10:01
Sorry for replying late.

I agree with you, Mister Zhu!

Unbelievable censorship in this rag of a newspaper.Just a few key words sends then scurrying.Who would want to live or have anything to do with China when the population is treated like children.Keep living in your dream world and have your elderly control your voice.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-25 23:38:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-26 00:06
kenfig Post time: 2014-10-25 23:32
Unbelievable censorship in this rag of a newspaper.Just a few key words sends then scurrying.Who w ...

I think you never come to China, but I went to the USA.

Well, I don't mind if you want to die for lies of Bush Jr...Go, please go to battlefield... Uncle Sam is not ready to go to war with China, you can go to Iraq first...I wish you wont be disabled or die...

We are too busy for our dynamic economy, you guys just waste money on wars, paying for death... Smarty...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.