Views: 9780|Replies: 47

Flower Power vs Military Sabre: China Wants Peace, What USA Wants?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-23 19:23:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-24 14:50

I am listening to Bob Dylan's Blowing in the Wind, while I am creating this new thread of mine...

How many roads must a man walk down
Before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail
Before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, how many times must the cannon balls fly
Before they're forever banned?
The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.

No, I am not going to discuss with you about American songs, but war and PEACE...

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 19:24:35 |Display all floors

Yesterday I read a piece of news. Here is the snippet...
****************from news report**********
21 October 2014.

Japan said on Tuesday it would hold a bilateral military exercise with the United States in November to ensure smooth joint operations between the two countries' militaries and bolster island defense capabilities.

I thought to myself, “China wants peace, but what do on earth Uncle Sam, American PEOPLE as well as American TAXPAYERS want?

Some Western pessimists take out their ouija board and cast there’s an evitable war between the US and China. I am neither a pessimist nor an Pollyanna...I simply want to share my eyeview, and thoughts with you while going over together a tiny of history and facts as the following:

First of all, I don’t think China does NOT want war with the US but PEACE. China focuses on our economy as Chinese people are thrilled for the stratospheric rise- No 1 economy... We are too busy and even don't have time to pay attention to the military sabre rattling, which is a perennial ritual by Uncle Sam in the vicinity of China again.

I venture to assume Uncle Sam who must sit tight in the White House, racking his brain to find any straw Chinese man for challenging a fight...

Does Uncle Sam forget the heavy troll he and American people paid for the Vietnam War for a span of 20 years (from 1955 to 1975)?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 19:25:45 |Display all floors

Fact 1: 58,220 American soldiers had been killed
Fact 2: more than 150,000 had been wounded,
Fact 3: at least 21,000 had been permanently disabled.
Fact 4: The average age of the U.S. troops killed in Vietnam was 23.11 years.
Fact 5: Between 1965 and 1975, the United States spent $111 billion on the war ($686 billion in FY2008 dollars). This resulted in a large federal budget deficit.

I’m not going to elaborate the enormous loss of Vietnamese people and their economy. Uncle Sam seems to have a lap of memory about how many peace-loving American people protested and demanded him to end the war ...

I’m not going to elaborate the excruciating loss of Iraqi War Uncle Sam waged under the false pretences either...You all know better than me..

American people and Uncle Sam should not forget the carnation flower that a young American protestor of Vietnam War put into the into the barrel of a rifle of a National Guardsman...(several words and the photo I cited from the Wikipedia)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 19:26:50 |Display all floors
#4 Let's review the iconic picture, I am waiting Mod to release it...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 19:28:13 |Display all floors

Photographed by Bernie Boston on October 21, 1967 while he was sitting on the wall of The Mall entrance by the Pentagon. Flower Power, 1967

Source: Words and Picture from Wikipedia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 19:30:22 |Display all floors
But what does Uncle Sam and American people want and expect to China?

China has 1.36 billion population;
China has No.1 economy
China holds 1.2 trillion US bonds
US-Chinese trade volume hit a staggering tune of $ 521 billion in 2013
US-China and bilateral investment reaches$ 100 billion

American taxpayers should ask themselves what they can gain if Uncle Sam wages a war against China? Nothing at all but shooting themselves in the feet only as Uncle Sam is floundering in their struggling economy

For the record, China is not Vietnam, not Iraq, not Japan...

Once the war breaks out, Uncle Sam is going to lose the biggest market in the world with 1.3 billion people.

American people and taxpayers as well need to pay more several times of casuality of people and money to a potential war would be instigated and initated by Uncle Sam first.

China doesn't want any wars at all but peace, but I think we don't fear and will not buckle under threaten, extortion of Uncle Sam if we have to defend our country, if Chinese people have no other choise...

Not a single Chinese warship cruises to the vicinity of the US.
Not a single Chinese solider conducts military execrise near the coasts of the USA
Not a single Chinese drone is flying near the US...

But Uncle Sam does all the time against China!!!

The American people will just die for nothing but those chest-thumping war-mongers who never die for wars.  Did George Dubya Bush die? He is living a charmed life in Texas, but I knew hundreds of Americans died of his hoax that there are WMDs in Iraq...

Think about it, what would you would gain if you went to the war? Hero? No one would be recognised for the invasive war, but cannon fodder!!!

You taxpayers pay for your death, court death for invasion!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-23 19:30:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-23 22:14

Patriotism should be only extolled when enemies invade!

After the end of the war, you might die, and your family might lose a son, your wife might lose her husband, your kids might lose their father; Maybe you would be lucky, and you would become disabled become a basket case... for worthless wars!

Many years later, those invaders would even be condemned by their own people, as Bush jr. incurs now.

In short, it is just a waste of taxpayers' money. You pay it too. Probably you are going to die for it, as well as your family and your friends...

Extolling the invasive wars against another innocent country is synonymous with singing high praise for  black slavery!!!

Is that so-called democracy? Is that so-called human righsts?

No big difference! Both of them are morally repugant, unsavory, disgusting!!

What some American forumites display on CD is jingoism instead of patriotism!

Probably you can give Bush Jr a bell, and ask " How are ya doing"?  And Dubya would cheerfully respond with in his million worth ranche and villa in Texas.

But you never ever can give a buzz to those died for hoax of Bush Jr. any more... They cannot answer you six feet under...silently, silently

They were invaders but victims as well! Pathetic!!!

We humans have paid exorbitant prices numerous times in the bloody catalogue of wars! It seems demagogues never learn a lesson...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.