Views: 4330|Replies: 19

Are we too soft on protesters?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2014-10-7 13:14:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 13:48:26 |Display all floors
Students should not be allowed to take part in any demoncrazy protest
people who instigate students to go for this kind of demoncrazy protest should be severely punished
students taking part in protest should be expelled from schools or universities
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 20:53:47 |Display all floors
In the Kent State shooting 67 rounds were fired during a 13 second period - killing four students and wounding nine others. The Kent State shooting shows the lengths that US authorities were prepared to go to to protect order and US society. Even though students were killed in the shooting most Americans supported the actions of the US government because they understood that the actions of the hippy anti-war students were criminal and terroristic. Any good citizen will always support the state when it comes to ensuring peace and order.

I'm going to call BS on this one.  I live in Ohio all my life.  Some of my teachers growing up went to Kent State and witnessed the massacre.  'Hippy anti-war students'???  Good on them.  We all needed to protest the vietnam war and what the US was doing there...or do you believe the US did all the right things in vietnam?  Nothing for people to get all upset about right?  

Most americans accepted this.....show me some proof of this.  Most americans opposed the vietnam war and rightly so.

What the US government did in response to these protests is shame for our country.  

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 21:14:27 |Display all floors
HK is full of shops & more shops just cant be #$%^& like that with those protesters occuppyin the streets  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 22:37:42 |Display all floors
I hate the mindless Hong Kong protest culture.

YOU are mindless and brainwashed you PRICK !

Give the people what THEY want, not what a few paranoid, backward useless old farts in Beijing want.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-7 22:58:34 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-10-7 22:30
Hong Kong's protestors showed civilised behaviour, restraint and respect to ordinary people. If th ...

tank man

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-8 05:42:04 |Display all floors
You have strong views. But I, also, disapprove of street protests that inconvenience the general public and cause economic loss. Protests should be legal only in designated places that don't cause problems. Freedom of speech is not the same as hooliganism.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.