Author: VivianLL

How do you live green?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-10-21 10:42:52 |Display all floors
Incedius420 Post time: 2014-9-2 19:58
Using less paper products does not help the environment.  Paper pulp comes from tree farms.  Using l ...

There's an argument for packaging more goods in plain brown paper, which could afterwards be composted. "Cradle to cradle" is a good book on this kind of thing, challenging received wisdom on recycling. Most important thing is for industry to separate organic and non organic waste. Paper and wood waste can be burned for energy and their ashes used as fertiliser, but if they are treated with toxic chemicals for instance heavy metals, disposal becomes a bigger problem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-21 10:46:10 |Display all floors
I don't drive, don't drop litter and live frugally using the minimum of electricity. I'm taking a break from organic farming this year, so city life is strange for me. I've started composting and growing a few vegetables on my terrace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-21 11:04:40 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2014-9-2 12:30
Are you telling me that an average Chinese person cares about the environment or any of the things ...

Environmentalism, like romanticism originated as a reaction against industrialisation, in the most industrialised countries. Judge people by what they do, not what they say."Flight behaviour" by Barbara Kingsolver, suggests that the social groups in the USA most inclined to deny climate change (rural, working class), actually live more environmentally friendly lives than many environmentalists.  China's per capita CO2 emissions are still low by western standards.

I see lots of rubbish being collected  and sorted for recycling here. Despite the rapid pace of building development, and the high population density there still seems to be a lot of forest in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 11:02:21 |Display all floors
What we can do to protect environment in everyday life are,less paper,less plastic bags,less water,less drive,less air-condition.......
wind over the water

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-1-3 11:17:05 |Display all floors
We use solar energy for hot water, rude bikes, walk to the shops when we can, use solar lights t night, we raise ducks and chickens, a full herd and fruit and vegetables garden, short showers, only use nor water when needed, and drive a small car

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 11:18:47 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2014-9-1 22:32
i smoke at one of our 3 balconies..NOT inside our flat..AND, if air-con is on i close the glass-door ...

If you give up smoking you can save money and protect the environment all in one decision

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-1-3 11:20:01 |Display all floors
We open the windows and have fresh air and natural light, it's also good for our health

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.