Views: 8688|Replies: 45

Should your hobby be your work?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-26 20:56:53 |Display all floors
As we all known, there are a lot of jobs in the world and there are a lot of people who chose a job that does not related to their hobbies or their major. why?
As for my ,I love reading ,and I enjoy the poetic life, and I want to full the life with reading ,traveling and writing.And I chose to major in Art and now I am an undergraduate who majors in Chinese language and literature. And I have beeing writing since I was very young ,I won some prizes and got  a good university offer, but I know it is hard and tiring to write, And many times it turns my hobby into a terrible work.
As someone said, We should save our hobby as our hobby , then after our work we can have fun in our hobby, But I think.Most time of a human is taken by working ,If we do not chose something interesting and makes you satisfied  as your job ,then it will waste your life. But that is just my idea.
What do you think of this ?
20116275556205.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-26 21:16:03 |Display all floors
Both work and hobby should be fun. If it's not fun, don't do it anymore; find something else to do.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-26 21:49:41 |Display all floors
life change everthing !we have to

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-27 08:56:43 |Display all floors
starinsky1 Post time: 2014-8-26 21:16
Both work and hobby should be fun. If it's not fun, don't do it anymore; find something else to do.

It is not easy. People should be responsible for their family. If their hobby are not clear, or they are not good enouph at their hobby, how can they earn money ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-27 09:06:41 |Display all floors
My work is very easy, and i am always idle. I hate that very much, but i do not know what i should do. So  i have stayed here for 3 years. I almost do not know what i like. What a sad life!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-27 10:25:29 |Display all floors
Usually life will not give you option to choose...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2014-8-27 11:11:55 |Display all floors
""As someone said, We should save our hobby as our hobby , then after our work we can have fun in our hobby.
Most time of a human is taken by working ,If we do not chose something interesting and makes you satisfied as your job
then it will waste your life.""

I agree with you whole heartedly on this. If you take the one thing that you really love and try to make that your work
you will mess it all up and turn something you love into something you have to do. Too much can go wrong in this
situation.
My favorite hobby is photography. I love everything about it. Someone suggested I might make a living at it when I was
young. I knew that would be a big mistake. About the only way you can make money in photography is taking photos
of news events, weddings, sporting events, concerts, and portraits. You're basically selling yourself to take photos of
what others want you to take. What a huge bore. It would have been torture.
Most people enjoy sex but most people do not choose to become prostitutes. It's the same kind of thing.

But it is a very good idea to find something you enjoy doing for your livelihood. I choose electronics since I used to
enjoy playing around with tape recorders, transistor radios, as a youth. I never could quite understand it until I went
to college to learn the trade. That was not only educational but also very interesting along the way.
Now I can make a living at something that is not boring and dreary. At least not all the time.

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.