Author: moonshooter

Russia's true goal in sending massive aid convoy into Ukraine   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-25 15:55:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-25 08:38
My painful Hernia,

why don't you move house to the Kremlin? I am sure Vladimir Putin will host  ...

No honest job is dishonourable.... even that of the shoe-shiner. So if you think this will offend me you are wrong.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-25 16:09:48 |Display all floors
Alarico Post time: 2014-8-25 12:01
Funny since the modern notions of truth and justice are western inventions.

West has given more t ...

I am a Westerner myself and fully aware of what the West has given the world. Alas recently the West descended into a Machiavellian landscape of corruption and lies.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-25 17:23:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-8-25 19:26
TheHermit Post time: 2014-8-25 18:09
I am a Westerner myself and fully aware of what the West has given the world. Alas recently the We ...

I have spent almost half my life in countries that form part of the West. I have experienced the best of them personally. I have been accepted by many as their own - they could not do better for someone they'd call family. Personally I have done well. I reciprocate and try to do my bit. I have seen the strengths of the west... In short, I have known the Best of the West. It still exists, Hermit.

However, I also know what you mean, when you bemoan the state it has fallen into politically and economically. Here is a short list of things I too feel bad about - these are signs of a very disturbed and dysfunctional society at a basic level. Superficially, things seem, sort of OK and still running or muddling through.. but somethings are not quite right.
- I find it sad that 'leaders' (and hence their followers), cannot speak of or speak to leaders of other countries with respect or courtesy as they would to a or about a neighbour. They engage in petty name-calling and characterisation on public record to fool their own public. On that note alone - leaders of Russia, China, India and numerous 'third world' countries deserve  much credit.
- There is a lack of sincerity or morals in political statements. Every one knows it and goes along for perceived personal gain. What they are starting to realise is that they are being deceived.
- There is never an appeal to true, fair morals (even though they misuse references to these that everyone can see is fake or hypocritical). The true case for any action is always made on the basis of economics - lives of 'other' humans is sometimes given lipservice." How many billions  (now trillions) of dollars this way or that?" That seems to clinch public opinion.
- There is a great reluctance to refer to adversaries - from other countries or certain races within one's own countries as fellow human beings or brothers. There is a consistent demonising of an adversary.
- Showing empathy or such brotherly fellow feelings or expressing them is considered a failure or mistake in getting elected. Many will refuse to call ANYONE of a different race as a brother or profess love for them. They will evade the issue even if put in a spot with a direct simple question. There is hate, based only on race and religion in the main political, public discourse. It is not just a personal thing.
- Every important human issue is nationalised ' So many Americans  killed or injured. So many Australians affected and so on even in the most uncontroversial tragedies'.
- Every negative human trait is also nationalised 'Its Un-American (means an American did something bad), Its Un-Australian (means some Aussie did something bad), I suppose they say its Un-British when some Briton does something awful!!  What low, cheap appeals to nationalistic 'pride'(?) !!
- There is a consistent and persistent effort to divide people within and without the country based on interests, while claiming the opposite.
- There are no simple, straight, honest answers to economic questions or issues. The arithmetic used in Economics is really very simple and not rocket science. No one will answer a straight question of when the expenses exceeded the income (it is straight, simple subtraction).
- There is so much jargon, fancy words created every few days to confuse the issue so that a lay person or even a knowledgeable person will give up trying to understand the details.

I find some of these to be similar to conditions that I used to bemoan while a teenager growing up in India. Things have certainly changed there now. Many for the better. But other things have changed for the worse there too!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-26 02:38:40 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-23 18:06
in an ideal model world, no one would walk across the border of another country uninvited. we dont l ...

Your hollow words, are a repeat of words used by any aggressor on the naive.

Bullies in the play ground sometimes at least admit their parents taught them to pick on thier weak neighbour or classmates.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-26 03:02:33 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-24 14:34
We live in a world today, where the USA claims vital national interests in Iraq or Asia, right acros ...

Your argument supports any invader settling its population in a conquered land,  then using that as an excuse to annex the land.  Ukraine was part of the UUSR as not part of Russia. At least Germany‘s reunification prevents Putin from using that same tatic to take back what was East Germany.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-26 05:29:35 |Display all floors
RonJaDa Post time: 2014-8-26 04:38
Your hollow words, are a repeat of words used by any aggressor on the naive.

Bullies in the play  ...

I think the arguments of the USA and others in blaming Russia are hollow. They have absolutely no moral standing to judge Russia or even my words. They cannot use the word aggressor about anyone else.
Standing up to aggression, interference, meddling, divide and rule, support of terrorism on one's country or people is NOT aggression. It is an aggressive REACTION.
Russian reaction is  mild and much less aggressive than the USA or the rest of the West. I think Russians have a long way to go to catch up or match that level.  Maybe the West is actually pushing Russia on that course. That way, they can point to it and claim, they are also getting to be like us.
Perhaps, that is inevitable and not a bad thing for human kind in the long run.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-26 05:35:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2014-8-26 07:46
RonJaDa Post time: 2014-8-26 05:02
Your argument supports any invader settling its population in a conquered land,  then using that a ...

To stand up to bullies requires some aggressive measures - timidly trying to reason or debate like we do on this forum will not work between countries. There is a reason why Putin strikes a chord with people all over the world, even some within the USA and the West. They have seen through the hypocrisy, aggression and arrogance of those with greater military power.
There is tendency for many westerners to use a strict definition of invasion and aggression while judging others, and completely applying a different standard and set of words to describe the actions of their own governments.
Word plays can confuse some people for sometime, but real actions and outcomes as we see in the world around today in Asia, the Middle East and even in the West bring out the stark truth. People around the world are fed up with the reckless violence and meddling of the imperial powers from the west.
Russia is a reactive, weaker military power and is not even close when it comes to propaganda as the west is. However, it has intelligent people and  a population that is listened to by their democratically elected leader, who truly represents the will of the majority - far more than in ANY western democracy.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.