Views: 5573|Replies: 11

Can you help to answer the question? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-18 11:22:21 |Display all floors
I know it's maybe a little strange,but as it hit me suddently,so i came to for help?
As we all know,the single and plural uses different format of verbs,for example:
1、we like and he likes
2、we want and she wants
3、we need and she needs
I want to know if i write it in the wrong fomat by which i mean for example, we wants or he want...what is the feeling of the native speaker whose mother language is english? Is it very strange? or you can just igore that?
thanks!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-18 17:03:55 |Display all floors
The third person singular ..we need "s"  The third person singular=he she it

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-18 18:25:55 |Display all floors
Do you want the brutal truth? If you speak English with a rather heavy Chinese accent, they won't even be able to tell if you're pronouncing that "s" or not...so you can say whichever you want.

Incorrect grammar sounds weird, unless it's already accepted beforehand in colloquial speech, such as: ain't nobody gonna love you like I'm gonna love you.

It's the same in Chinese, right? ...if you switch around what people are used to. I'm sure my Chinese sounds weird.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-19 08:16:02 |Display all floors
Halove Post time: 2014-8-18 17:03
The third person singular ..we need "s"  The third person singular=he she it

OK Thanks~~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-19 08:16:25 |Display all floors
hehe6455 Post time: 2014-8-18 18:25
Do you want the brutal truth? If you speak English with a rather heavy Chinese accent, they won't ev ...

oh,really,  that is fuuny haha

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-19 08:46:33 |Display all floors
Alamaomao Post time: 2014-8-19 08:16
oh,really,  that is fuuny haha

hehe....i was afraid you might be offended, i'm glad you're not!

i just saw that you're asking about written english...it does look weird if it's so obvious like "he want"....but sometimes the subject can get complex, in which case if you use the wrong case for the verb (singular verb for plural subject, or vice versa), it's not so obvious and people don't really care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-19 09:00:02 |Display all floors
hehe6455 Post time: 2014-8-19 08:46
hehe....i was afraid you might be offended, i'm glad you're not!

i just saw that you're asking a ...

ok i got it~

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.