Author: NgTran

A WORLD WITHOUT ARMY ?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-14 18:45:05 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2014-8-14 06:23
I am an optimist but in view of the reality we face.... I am given to despair.

There can be hope realistically, if the basic premise were changed - not for a complete elimination of armies or weapons, but an even balance between two or more sides.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 19:19:37 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2014-8-10 22:23
I don't find this unrealistic in the future (say 100 years from now). There may be a world governmen ...

World Government

We have had world government since at least the early 20th century.Sadly this world government is controlled by the Zionist banksters who profit immensely from war and conflict.There is thus no hope for peace.It is ironic that this thread has been started by a low level propagandist for that same World Government.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 19:27:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by NgTran at 2014-8-14 19:34
KIyer Post time: 2014-8-14 18:41
It is not an absence of armies or weapons that brings peace - if anthing, it will increase the tryan ...

Not religion has to be abolished, but NATIONALISM !

NATIONALISM is IRRATIONAL and dangerous.

NATIONALISM appeals to the lowest instinct of humans.

NATIONALISM divides people from one another.

NATIONALISM is a manipulative tool of many scrupulous leaders.

NATIONALISM is blinding people.

NATIONALISM is the number one cause of wars.

NATIONALISM tends to get out of control.

WORLD PEACE is possible if NATIONALISM is abolished,

- if there is a WORLD government with a federal structure (individual member states with their own autonomies and their own police force, but no army, no heavy equipment, no tanks, no fighter planes, no rocket launchers, no sub marines, no carriers, etc.)

- with a common sense to protect mother earth

- investing the money in clean energy instead of weaponry
- a world order with independent judiciary (manned by member states)

- independet international courts which are binding to all member states

Matches between states (or nations) are just on the sports level, but no matches on the battlefields.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-14 19:31:07 |Display all floors
correction Post time: 2014-8-14 15:35
Why I don't see Germany on the list ???

... among others. They all should be on that list.

If people stop calling for war, for revenge, if people stop NATIONALISM,

if people try to reach out and understand ...

maybe we are getting there. All together. May be.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2014-8-15 10:09:15 |Display all floors
NgTran Post time: 2014-8-14 21:27
Not religion has to be abolished, but NATIONALISM !

NATIONALISM is IRRATIONAL and dangerous.

It is the most Nationalist of governments that I have ever seen - the USA, UK, Israel and others who have the biggest armies and weapons. They control and run the world order. There is a trend towards re-order now and it will be bitterly resisted. A human world without armies is NOT a preferred one. It will make everyone vulnerable to the first one with a few armed cadres. The very idea of an unarmed world is a 'furphy'! It will never happen unless we humans become as wise as animals, who mostly live a good life without arms and armies with the kind of motivations that humans have. Even though ants, apes, wolves and some animals have armies, they are a bit different. They are not driven by greed and deceit like humans are.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 12:05:38 |Display all floors
The US has been asked time after time to help those Countries who cannot defend themselves against larger, more powerful and better equipped armies run by Dictators.
It did not start WWI, WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War or the Gulf War.
China does not have the desire, humanity or morals to assist (or interfere) in other Countries, except when they helped NK who attacked the South.
Russia openly pursues lands in the guise of 'protecting' ethnic comrades residing outside the Motherland.
If and when these two can put aside their instincts and become part of a unified solution to ensure sustained peace in the world, then we all could live side by side without incident.
Religion fueled unrest in the Middle East has been continuous, they only know war I'm afraid - they will never stop until only one is left standing.
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 12:24:11 |Display all floors
I often wonder how China would react if Russia decided to cross the border to 'protect' their ethnic comrades living in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region who have been persecuted by the PRC and who wish to reunite with Russia.
Would the CPC sit back, kowtow, thus allowing the secession and invasion force or would they send in the army to defend their territory?
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.