Author: jay_dee

Beijing restaurant reuses leftover food   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-15 19:55:36 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-8-15 19:27
The proof is in the salient fact you neglect, Professor He spent the past 7 years researching the i ...

Popes spent more than 7 years along with numerous people who were post grads to tell us the existence of the God.

However, where is the proof? Did they ever see the God in person? None of them.
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 19:59:10 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-8-15 19:20
A single professor.  It's just the way the piece is written which leads to slight confusion.

Ah yes! You and  Coralbay are totally right. I've just read the original quote again and it doesn't say "food expert" as I wrote in my response whic lead me to think there two people quoted. It says "food professor".
I stand corrected!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 20:04:14 |Display all floors
My abilities in reading Chinese are not good enough to go digging around finding his research papers but no doubt they have been published and peer reviewed in the process.  If you have done any post grad research you'll understand the peer review process.
-----------------------------

Well, please provide us the evidence and the process even they are in Chinese.
What made you jump an assumption I cannot understand the process?
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-15 20:52:28 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ratfink at 2014-8-15 20:55
incarnationabc Post time: 2014-8-15 19:55
Popes spent more than 7 years along with numerous people who were post grads to tell us the existe ...

Anyone who has spent 7 years researching the content of oil in restaurants in China will have methodology and though it is not stated what it is in the piece quoted it will be a fairly standard set of tests used to check the content of the oil.  A reasonably standardised set of tests using a mass spectrometer, PH analysis, along with assorted other standardised food tests developed in the west (and elsewhere) will give the answers as to whether the oil is pure and what it's actual contents are.

Your comments re the Pope are irrelevant as none of them have ever been modern scientists.

I read and speak Chinese quite well but not well enough to tackle scientific literature at this level.

Discussion closed as your position is untenable.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-15 20:57:47 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-8-15 19:59
Ah yes! You and  Coralbay are totally right. I've just read the original quote again and it doesn' ...

You're welcome.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 21:21:55 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2014-8-15 20:52
Anyone who has spent 7 years researching the content of oil in restaurants in China will have metho ...

There are no discussion at all , because you fail to provide with any evidence.

You even have no idea how many restaurants there are in China. For statistics, how come a prof with 8 students can finish that? You are kidding.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-15 21:44:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.