Views: 14976|Replies: 160

US teens beat Chinese student to death   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-8-1 04:02:09 |Display all floors
Jul 30, 2014

Four teenagers beat a graduate student from China to death with a baseball bat during a Los Angeles crime spree, police said Tuesday.

Jonathan Del Carmen, 19, Andrew Garcia, 18, Alberto Ochoa, 17, and Alejandra Guerrero, 16, were charged with the capital murder of Xinran Ji.

Ji, 24, was a graduate student studying engineering at the University of Southern California. Investigators said the four attempted to rob him as he walked home from a study group just after midnight Thursday.

Ji returned to his apartment after the assault and died there. His roommate later discovered the body.

Investigators said that Ochoa, Garcia and Guerrero tried to rob a man and woman in Dockweiler Beach after the Ji attack.

The man was able to get away and summon police, and Guerrero and a 14-year-old girl were arrested.

The other three were arrested later and their vehicle seized. They became suspects in Ji's killing when detectives investigating the Dockweiler Beach robbery noticed the vehicle's description matched one put out by their colleagues.

Police have said they believe the 14-year-old was involved in the attack on Ji, although they are unsure of her role.

Del Carmen and Garcia could face the death penalty, although prosecutors have made no decision on seeking it. Guerrero and Ochoa could be sentenced to life with no parole.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-1 05:13:25 |Display all floors
All of them are Hispanic, probably from a Latino gang.

Very sad story, I hope they get the maximun punishment in jail.

Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-1 05:54:32 |Display all floors
Never to be released I hope, for this cowardly attack

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-1 06:48:52 |Display all floors
How much is this going to cost the tax payers if these criminals are kept for life in jail?

Let's take the case of the 18 year old one as an example. Life in prison with no parole means the guy will be there at least until he is 70. That's 52 years. At current costs in the USA, an inmate can cost the tax payers anything  close to $2000 a month. This means for 52 years at least the state will have to fork  out $ 1,248,000! This without counting legal costs, medical costs and others.

The price of 22 caliber bullet?: $0.50!

Total saving for all the society?: $1,247,999.50 plus one scumbag less!

You ask me? I'd pay $2 and go for the bullets!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-1 12:19:39 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-8-1 07:48
How much is this going to cost the tax payers if these criminals are kept for life in jail?

Let's t ...

I'll share the $0.50 with you for the bullet...

however,  what about them pharmaceutical companies which make a (killing) out them lethal injection chemicals.
Did you know that them chemical compounds used for the executions are TOP SECRET...
It takes about 40 muscles to smile, but only 4 to pull the trigger of a decent rifle

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-8-1 15:06:47 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2014-8-1 06:48

Let's t ...

West believes that criminals should be given rewards, not punishment.  Personally, I would throw all criminals into the Grand Canyon: splash.  

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-8-1 18:19:58 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-8-1 16:51
These brutes deserve a solid reeducation with the help of hard labour, sparse food, basic living ...

I don't think American prisons have protection, just general population, they will suffer for the rest of their lives

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.