Author: judgeandjury

Ghost-Jackal-Western-Chinese-Friendship Post and Gentlemans Club- Enter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-8 17:47:39 |Display all floors

I am afraid to write about something other than fish, but I will.

On this Hello thing, as I read it, some visitors to China are offended by the word Hello and some visitors are not.
I too am confused as to why Hello can be offensive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 18:05:10 |Display all floors

helloes

Blinbling
Hai lou is not gibberish english or chinglish either.
It is a hello for your years with something "in between the sound waves" which you do not catch probably.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 18:16:09 |Display all floors

Huh ?

" It is a hello for your years with something "in between the sound waves" which you do not catch probably."

"in between the sound waves"

Huh ?

What is in between the sound waves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 18:17:33 |Display all floors

answer, of sorts, to blingbling

Hello blingbling and welcome to the forums. If you stick around you will exactly how "vibrant" this forum can be.
My interpretation of a GHOST, is a person who signs in using an ID name which is different to their regular name. IE, some people have multiple Forum IDs and at times log in as a ghost.
Ghosts are scurrilous and mischievous, except for when they are in this thread. Everyone in this thread is a gentleman.

A Jackal is a foreigner who a Chinese person mistakenly thinks is anti-china.
Jackals are playful and mischievous, except for when they are in this thread. Everyone in this thread is a gentleman.

Some Jackals are Ghosts and some Ghosts are Jackals. But mostly Ghosts are Chinese and Jackals are not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 18:22:34 |Display all floors

answer, of sorts, to blingbling, by repentless.

:)

Ghosts for the most part are good guys and Jackals for the most part are bad guys.

Except as repentless says, in this thread we are all warm and fuzzy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 18:23:43 |Display all floors

Hello Blackie Lau

Blackie Lau,

Hello is a wonderful word. When you hear it spoken to you, it is an acknowledgment that you exist.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-8 18:26:03 |Display all floors

repentless writes to blackie lau

** Hello is a wonderful word. When you hear it spoken to you, it is an acknowledgment that you exist. **

How nice
Now that is warm and fuzzy
I agree with you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.