Author: judgeandjury

Ghost-Jackal-Western-Chinese-Friendship Post and Gentlemans Club- Enter [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-6-3 19:47:40 |Display all floors

Let's clear something up first.

I vote in favour for "voting", no doubt.

As for the "hello" deal... Are we subject to arguement and reason? Or is it just a simple "for" and "against" scenario? If so, I vote for "yes" on "hello", <b>only</b> if "hello" is used in a <i>non-mocking</i> manner. If there is no arguement and/or reason, I vote for "no" on "hello".

Good post btw.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 19:50:50 |Display all floors

aloss4words, no I think we are able to fight about hello.

But in Gentlemans terms. ( even though I am a dog, I am male )
Go ahead aloss4words give us the arguements for and against Hello.
I think you are right, we should not just let HELLO go by without a huge fight first.

:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 19:51:01 |Display all floors

Don't go using words like 'agree' Inqy

You might get yourself banned.
I'd also like to say hello. ni hau, lay ho, to all
but  not 'hai lou'
I think what some foreigners get upset about is not when people say hello to their face, but when they say it behind the back and then snigger. Of course it's not racist, could be considered rude by some but GET OVER IT. Some people are a little too sensitive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 19:58:19 |Display all floors

aloss4words and blackie lau , yes by all means fight and argue in here.

But, we must constantly vote and we must constantly " TRY " ever so hard, " TRY " to be gentlemen, be we dogs or gaiacomm.

I have seen so many complaints about hello and am very interested to see what the problem is.

So we welcome our " FRIENDS " the Jackals and our " FRIENDS " the Westerners and lets debate Hello and debate the Vote and 1000 other subjects in this post.

We are all in the one place, so we can move back and forth to see who voted what and who wrote what.

Tell us more about Hello and other stuff.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 20:01:46 |Display all floors

Is there a chat room we could use ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 20:03:39 |Display all floors

Expense is limited, this is the CHAT ROOM and the BAR at present.

I would like the Jackals to bring all their complaints in here so we can resolve all of them and call the Jackals Ghost Brothers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-6-3 20:12:54 |Display all floors

THE BAR !!

You got me, I'll have a jug of ice cold beer please.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.