Views: 4281|Replies: 32

McDonald's apologize as new China food scandal brews   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-21 18:45:09 |Display all floors

Shanghai food and drug administration has suspended the operation of a food company suspected of supplying stale meat to McDonald's and KFC outlets.

Earlier on Sunday the administration had ordered that all meat products supplied by Shanghai Husi Food Co., Ltd should be taken off shelf for safety concerns.
Local media reported the company reprocessed meat products that had outlived their shelf life and supplied them to transnational fast-food chains including McDonald's, KFC and Pizza Hut.
Reporters who managed to enter Husi workshops said they saw clear evidence that stale beef and chicken were repackaged after processing and their shelf life was prolonged for another year.
Shanghai Husi Food Co., Ltd, a member of the US OSI Group, was a solely foreign-funded company with a registered capital of 50.47 million yuan.

In a "commitment to customers", posted at Husi's Shanghai plant, the company promised "hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP)", a systematic preventive approach to food safety, and "routine sample microbe test".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 18:57:56 |Display all floors
McDonald's and KFC-parent Yum apologized to customers on Monday and said they'll stop using the supplier.The report brings the pair back into the firing line following the 2012 scandal that involved chicken pumped with excessive amounts of antibiotics,Yum has just begun to bounce back from the 2012 scare in its No. 1 market, while McDonald's said on its China site it may now face a product shortfall in its third-biggest market by store numbers.
Apolpgy may can not fix the problem so easily,for at this point people do not have any trust that they have efficient systems.

Yet Chinese consumers may already have developed a comparatively thick skin when it comes to food scandals. "Isn't everywhere like this?" asked student Li Xiaoye, 20, eating a beef burger in a Shanghai McDonald's outlet. "I'll keep going because wherever I eat, the issues are all the same."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 19:00:21 |Display all floors
The machine is shut down at the workshop of Shanghai Husi Food Co., Ltd

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-21 19:01:51 |Display all floors
Employees work at a production line prior to a seizure conducted by officers from the Shanghai Food and Drug Administration, at the Husi Food factory in Shanghai, July 20, 2014

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-22 09:31:54 |Display all floors
This is very sad news. Things can only get better for Chinese food quality.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 10:34:39 |Display all floors

at this rate, people will only eat at foreign establishments.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-22 11:25:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.