Views: 11772|Replies: 36

Truth behind the street beggers   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2014-7-1 21:55:49 |Display all floors
It is quiet common to see street beggers in Shanghai metro .Two days ago ,i was on metro line 3 .A woman holding a baby asked the passengers for money .None of the passengers gave money to the woman .Me neither .But somehow i felt i had the responsibility to persuade the young woman stop doing this kind of thing for the sake of the little baby .I told her she could find some job in Shanghai because she was still young .She gave me a indifferent look and left .I really doubt if the baby is hers .

This afternoon i searched the phenomenon on the internet .Some people pretended as disabled to ask for money .Most real disabled beggers are manipulatd or threatened by others to do this .What makes me really sad is that some parents bringing their children do this .They should know thier children can be destroyed by the humiliating experience .

What can we do to help these children ?I hope the charity house can do something .As long as the police find the child's parents or relatives force the child to do this ,the child can choose to leave his or her parents and live in the charity house .I am willing to donate money to the charity house to save these poor children .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-1 23:24:51 |Display all floors
Whether to help those people is really a ethical dilemma, sometimes we want to help them, and sometimes we hurt them for the way they live that we despise. The most important thing is to reduce their dependency and change their attitude to life. One need to feed himself through hard work. And they need to learn some skills to live. It's a great change that really needs time.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2014-7-2 13:21:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-7-1 22:45
Begging is a lucrative industry in China! Some women handle up to a dozen borrowed children, or ch ...

In Beijing, offering special "DVDs" is another activity of these "young" mothers/pregnant women !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-2 15:27:50 |Display all floors
I used to see some children who were forced to be begger by adult in Beijing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-7-2 15:37:43 |Display all floors
296767617 Post time: 2014-7-2 15:27
I used to see some children who were forced to be begger by adult in Beijing.

i have seen this before ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-3 14:09:02 |Display all floors
So lazy its unbelievable. My ex gf told me NEVER give anyone on the streets money, because if they have hands they can find a job in a factory or somewhere else. The beggars would rather risk their children going hungry than working 40 or 50 hrs a week like everybody else.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2014-7-3 14:11:29 |Display all floors
my ex gf told me NEVER give money to beggars because they can work in a factory if they want, but they are too LAZY to do that. They would rather risk their kids not eating by sitting in the street all day.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.