Author: 1584austin

I am the best member this forum has ever had.     [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-11-21 23:13:52 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2014-6-29 17:23
I love the bacon in the wind.

bacon gives you wind?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-25 18:24:34 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-11-21 23:13
bacon gives you wind?

I want to be bester member that you one day can I?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-1 23:52:18 |Display all floors
MARKPONCE Post time: 2018-11-25 18:24

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-1 23:52:35 |Display all floors
MARKPONCE Post time: 2018-11-25 18:24

But I will first

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-8 15:51:20 |Display all floors
    Take your time please. Actually, if you had time, I hope you could write more articles and contribute to CD. Your articles are always good reads.

When I read some news, I always think about what you will think, eg. Sino-Japan jointly exploits gas of  East China Sea; China raises its energy prices, etc. I have checked all the posts of digest here today and found you are the No. 1 star writer here.

I'm glad you like my posts and that you're telling me your feelings in this thread.

If you're saying this in the V-60 thread someone would be hitting his head against the ceiling by now.

Yes, I think I am an excellent writer, but so are a dozen or so of us here.

I wasn't kidding when I said caringhk was one of the dozen.

At first glance his posts might seem hard-to-understand gibberish with wrong spellings, unknown words, etc.

But in fact he was the first amongst us to have discovered the principle of first-and-last-letter recognition.

He understood before any of us did that so long as you've got the first and last letters of a word right, people can understand you.

I was wondering why I've never had any difficulty understanding him.  Now I know why, and there's even a scientific reason for it -- the brain reads the whole word and not the letters.  

That's why the Chinese language is structurally the most advanced in the world.

In the smallest space an individual Chinese character carries the largest amount of meaningful content, and so a person would need the least amount of time to go through the same amount of information if the message is written in Chinese.

I discovered this fact many years ago independently but I couldn't prove it.  Now they have proved it through neuroscientific research.

The people at CD have been very good to me, even to the point of tolerating some of my faults and indiscretions.

When I write, I think of myself as serving the Chinese people here.  That gives me the strength and my writing the magical quality of seeming to be able to jump out of the screen of your computer and grab you by your eyeballs or your balls -- whichever one is nearer.

The author of "China Inc.", Ted Fishman, found that out and he mentioned that on page 292 of his all-time bestseller.  He put it this way: "vivid and colorful imagery reminiscent of the...."

This is a godsend gift on my part and I don't need to apologize for it.  But it has created some problems for me along the way because you'll find out as you go through life that there are always jealous farrts wanting to poke their dirty fingers into your wonton soup just to make his day and screw the rest of us.

I get my reward just by writing for the country I love, not in trying to get monetary compensations.  The owner of Muzi is still stealing me blind by selling my articles one by one, even though he knows they are copyrighted.

I also get my reward seeing Chinadaily grow and mature, just like a parent would feel seeing his own child grow and blossom into a doctor or a lawyer.  The joy is in bringing the kid up, not in what the kid could do for you.

If there's something I ask of CD, it is to leave me free to write unencumbered by extraneous baggage.

They might want to set up a place for me to write on current affairs.  Talk to them.  They don't usually listen to me because I had probably offended the owner sometime ago.  She would do exactly the opposite of what I say here -- that much is predictable.  They might listen to you.

Life is short.  It is a wonderful feeling that I can do something for China.  That's why it is important for you guys to contribute to the quake fund  -- in life, there aren't that many such opportunities to show that you care.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-8 18:36:04 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-8 15:51
I'm glad you like my posts and that you're telling me your feelings in this thread.

If you're s ...

I wasn't kidding when I said caringhk was one of the dozen.

At first glance his posts might seem hard-to-understand gibberish with wrong spellings, unknown words, etc.

he must be youre relation it runs in the family

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-9 14:51:45 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-8 15:51

If you're s ...
They might want to set up a place for me to write on current affairs.  Talk to them.  They don't usually listen to me because I had probably offended the owner sometime ago.  She would do exactly the opposite of what I say here -- that much is predictable.

Regardless, just keep writing. There is already so few who can do it because there are other matters at hand.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.