xilaren Post time 2012-10-13 18:50:06

if I were a chinese teacher....

I have been studying chinese for a few years and I must confess I have not found a teacher to satisfy me completely with his teaching.Although my current chinese teacher is very good ,the best I could have in Greece  since he has been teaching for many years the greek students, however for me he is not  efficient enough.
For example we met on the book the verbs which are a verb noun combination like liao tan ,shui jiao etc.He explained  to me about 过  which goes in the middle ,explained that we can say liao tainqi and not liao tian tianqi.Everything was understandable to me.
Then I had an exercise with these verbs.I showed them to a chinese friend of mine  to check if I have written then correctly  and she found one mistake on my exercises.
The sentence was 'my teacher helped me 'I had to translate it into chinese and use the phrase bang mang.
So I translated according to the grammar like this.'Wo laoshi bang wo mang.
Then my chinese friend said that it was not correct.I should have written 'wo laoshi bang wo de mang'.
I asked her why?Of course she did not know.
When I teach english for instance I explain things in details ,I use a lot of examples ,I divide the grammatical phenomena into categories ,explain the small differences between the one case and the other,analyse everything using examples and a lot of similar things.My teacher does not do that in the way I would teach chinese if I were a teacher.
Can you please explain to me why I shoudl have put 的 after wo?Is there a rule?
I can not wait for the day to meet my teacher and ask him.Really I can't.

xilaren Post time 2012-10-15 01:20:18

nobody gave an explanation to me.You are bad guys here.I have already found out by myself but still I need to ask something.The rule is similar to the rule with the time measure complement but the question is how we have the same phenomenon here although we have no time measure complement.
we say wo xuexi hangyu xue le 4 nian.or wo xuexi 4 nian de hanyu.
here we have a time measure complement and it is understandable.when we say however wo laoshi bang wo de mang ,we do the same thing although we have no time measure word.:
zenme ban?

xilaren Post time 2012-10-16 04:30:46

I made a great invention.I found on line the answers to new practical chinese reader number three all te answers and corrected my mistakes.How lucky I am.Of course I have already written down the answers before checking them on the answer book.
Although I am on book 4 my teacher had the bad idea to give me the workbook of book three.Tai mafan le , hen mei you yisi .:lol

wangmao111 Post time 2012-10-16 08:09:13

As a chinese,I  think the sentences"'Wo laoshi bang wo mang' and'Wo laoshi bang wo de mang' are both right.we can understand with out different meanings.

xilaren Post time 2012-10-16 14:05:18

wangmao111 Post time: 2012-10-16 08:09 static/image/common/back.gif
As a chinese,I  think the sentences"'Wo laoshi bang wo mang' and'Wo laoshi bang wo de mang' are both ...

really?but which one would you use as a chinese?

I.D.F Post time 2012-10-16 21:02:39

xilaren Post time: 2012-10-16 14:05 static/image/common/back.gif
really?but which one would you use as a chinese?

We use both. in Chinese,the sign of adjective like "de" usually can be ignored.

my english is poor.but i think you can know the meaning.

xilaren Post time 2012-10-16 23:16:32

I.D.F Post time: 2012-10-16 21:02 static/image/common/back.gif
We use both. in Chinese,the sign of adjective like "de" usually can be ignored.

my english is poo ...

thank you:handshake
Page: [1] 2 3
View full version: if I were a chinese teacher....