Ronny Post time 2012-1-13 17:11:52

how embarrassing

I bought 9 chinese movies, the reason is to play them, and allow my brain ( great interlectual that I am) to become comfortable in hearing Chinese,
but one movie made my brain{:soso_e134:}, i could not match the characters to the words spoken.
I thought at first it was just too fast, so i listened more carefully, only to find out it is korean.
the movie is warrior 武士, it seems very good, but now i must wait till i can read more.

Hope you enjoyed my “贰” moment{:soso_e113:}

scrotymcbugerba Post time 2012-1-13 18:40:08

maybe it has subtitles so that you can read it  in chineese

PopularStar Post time 2012-1-13 21:06:02

There is a huge difference in the way koreans and chinese speak.

Also Korean actors look very different from Chinese actors. Korean celebrities look alike and they got the "Korean look". Perhaps, they go to the same plastic surgeon.

Ronny Post time 2012-1-14 05:00:22

PopularStar Post time: 2012-1-13 23:06 static/image/common/back.gif
There is a huge difference in the way koreans and chinese speak.

Also Korean actors look very diffe ...

yes you are right to some degree, but they are all dressed and in make-up, my computer screen is small, i have never known a Korean, and not all Chinese look the same, many backgrounds to Chinese, I find it strange, amusing and refreshing to be telling a Chinese that you all don't look alike, and to tell the truth I have never studied the matter in any great depth, but if you could supply two photo's and point out how to know I would truly find it interesting. As for the language difference, I did notice it straight away, though as I do not know every word in Chinese ( wish i did) or even enough to satisfy myself, and remember I am trying to teach myself this language, i was unsure in the beginning where the problem lay, at first i thought they were just speaking so fast, but it did dawn on me reasonably quickly that it was not Putonghua or Cantonese, as the DVD cover was all in Chinese, i chose to double check at the site i got the movie from...... So,this post was actually to point out my own stupidity, i found it amusing, I had hoped others would be amused too.:handshake

snappysammy Post time 2012-1-14 05:40:06

You need a Chinese Girlfriend.... that will greatly help you learn the Oral Part much better...AND.....FASTER

Ronny Post time 2012-1-14 06:02:02

snappysammy Post time: 2012-1-14 07:40 static/image/common/back.gif
You need a Chinese Girlfriend.... that will greatly help you learn the Oral Part much better...AND.. ...

Most of the Chinese girls I know are are about 25 or younger, they like me a lot but not that much LOL, and won't let me pay for anything ( i mean food Sammy..... food , buses, subway etc ), And I steer clear of older ones in general as I'm afraid they'll  try to fix me up with sisters etc, I like to find a girl myself..... especially by accidental meetings. love is a vicious circle at times, oh we are talking about language, yeah, i can get better practice after the exams..( their uni exams)
Are we actually talking about language?......no don't tell me, ignorance is bliss;P

snappysammy Post time 2012-1-14 06:04:03

Ignorance is bliss AND Horny
Page: [1] 2
View full version: how embarrassing