tenderloin Post time 2018-8-10 07:00:00

China Education Reform concentrating on Nanotechnology and Material Science

AI, CLoud computing, quantum communication are NOT fundamental technology. They are Luxury items built upon fundamental tech.

Fundamental technology is Nanotechology (including semiconductor) and Material Science.

That means CHina universities will acquire alot of equipments for research and development.

GhostBuster Post time 2018-8-16 11:39:43

Professors in universities in China must change their attitude in teaching. Majority tend to belittle their students. They assume the fact that if they do not know, then no one knows. Chinese students from preschool till college were taught not to seek but receive which is actually spoon fed progress.
Waste of funds and talens!

SEARU Post time 2018-8-16 19:18:53

GhostBuster Post time: 2018-8-16 11:39 static/image/common/back.gif
Professors in universities in China must change their attitude in teaching. Majority tend to belittl ...

Your reply is meaningful! I think we are wrong with what and how kids are taught! Our textbooks don't go in a logical way and teachers‘ work is dominated by officials like soldiers must obey leader‘s order!
We must let children become powerful on thinking instead of memorizing so-called knowledge!
Science theory and formulas can be taught in an interesting way with more tests in plain words. Language class does not always mean to repeat famous sayings including ancient poems!
I am afraid it would take Chinese a long time to catch up with foreign advanced teaching methods!

Jaaja Post time 2018-8-16 19:46:08

I'm confused whether this is about education or research.

Children do not learn about nanotechnology or material sciences, they learn about ABCs and algebra, biology and history.

China may allocate investments in post-graduate research as it wishes, but the real problems in China's education system are elsewhere.
Page: [1]
View full version: China Education Reform concentrating on Nanotechnology and Material Science