SEARU Post time 2017-10-20 18:01:52

Is it as beautiful as ‘画’?

This post was edited by SEARU at 2017-10-21 09:10

What is 画(hua)?  This Chinese character means ‘painting’ or “picture”.  Please have a close look at its structure:
The top stroke ‘一’represents the ‘sky’ that was the roof of our universe that ancient Chinese thought!;
What in the middle of 画 is 田(tian)which means ‘field’ or 'farmland’ that is divided into four pieces as if it is a bird view of the crops-fields!
Then what is the remaining part of 画?----------The bottom component looks like a container without lid in which that could show you all the landscape!  What a huge container it is!  How could it be possible? -------------Yes,this container is only a piece of paper or silk-cloth on which you could draw anything for art! ----------That is ‘painting‘(画)in Chinese!  

In China we often say something is as beautiful as ‘painting'.  Now do you also think so about my threads in the Forum?  ;P

BellyKather Post time 2018-5-26 22:46:46

This post was edited by BellyKather at 2018-5-26 22:46

I agree with you, Mandarin Chinese Handwriting is really interesting, it is totally different from English

SEARU Post time 2018-5-26 23:12:55

BellyKather Post time: 2018-5-26 22:46 static/image/common/back.gif
I agree with you, Mandarin Chinese Handwriting is really interesting, it is totally different from E ...

Thanks for your feedback to my writing! -----------Each Chinese word does have obvious body-language just as man! -----------In China we often say the Tom's handwriting can tell a lot about his personality!(字如其人!)Through the characters you wrote, some professional calligraphers can make some judgement about your mood, health condition and other informations!
I wish my article is helpful for your practice on calligraphy!
Page: [1]
View full version: Is it as beautiful as ‘画’?