zaq Post time 2016-11-10 15:43:09

Will Huawei overtake Apple to become the second-largest smartphone maker?

Huawei's consumer business executive in chief, Richard Yu, told Reuters that his company wants to become the world's second-largest smartphone maker in two years, beating Apple for its spot in the top-two next to leader Samsung. It's currently at the third spot, which means the target it's set for itself isn't that far off, although catching up for Apple will take quite the mix of hard work and dumb luck.

According to Strategy Analytics, Huawei had a 9% market share last quarter, shipping 33.6 million devices. Apple held a 12% market share and shipped 45.5 million devices, while Samsung held a leading 20.1% share and shipped 75.3 million devices.

Yu said that developing technologies, such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and augmented reality will present opportunities to overtake Apple with innovation. The exec is also adamant about winning the trust and loyalty of customers as Apple hasn't pulled surprise moves and Samsung had to completely cancel its second half flagship smartphone, the Galaxy Note 7, due to a flaw which compromised the device's integrity. However, both are poised for strong comeback next year, reportedly utilizing technologies such as edge-to-edge screens with embedded fingerprint scanners.

On Nov 2, Huawei launched a new premium smartphone, the Mate 9. Featuring a large display and powerful hardware, the phone has a Porsche Design-masterminded version along with a new artificial intelligence that automatically lines up the most frequently used apps and puts them within easy reach.

zjjhpj Post time 2016-11-10 21:31:38

I hope so

youknowhat Post time 2016-11-10 21:44:28

if huawei has the money, R&D i dont see why not; apple is 'bout runnin out of tricks  ;P:handshake

emanreus Post time 2016-11-10 22:21:09

zjjhpj Post time: 2016-11-10 21:31 static/image/common/back.gif
I hope so

The only thing that keeps apple going is that i phone owners trade their 6 model in for the 7.
Old 6 get factory reset, polished up and is resold -15% of the list price.

dusty1 Post time 2016-11-11 14:03:30

emanreus Post time: 2016-11-10 22:21 static/image/common/back.gif
The only thing that keeps apple going is that i phone owners trade their 6 model in for the 7.
Old ...

Apple products are seen as quality in China

emanreus Post time 2016-11-11 14:57:32

dusty1 Post time: 2016-11-11 14:03 static/image/common/back.gif
Apple products are seen as quality in China

Yes,
a couple of years back they had a reason to figure so.
Nowadays, well- have ya visited the Country lately!!

dusty1 Post time 2016-11-11 20:23:12

emanreus Post time: 2016-11-11 14:57 static/image/common/back.gif
Yes,
a couple of years back they had a reason to figure so.
Nowadays, well- have ya visited the Co ...

I have and I will again very soon
Page: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
View full version: Will Huawei overtake Apple to become the second-largest smartphone maker?