okokokok.net Post time 2014-11-24 13:27:47

Visa issues if a foreigner marries to a Chinese national...

Hi there, please help me with this question.. If a foreigner marries to a Chinese national, then does the foreigner get a China green card (Chinese permanent residency)? or is there such a thing?
If not, what kind of visa does the foreigner get? and for how long can the foreigner stay in China on this visa?

Thank you!

lionstar Post time 2014-11-24 14:07:34

it varies a lot depending on the nationality of the "foreigner"

u could join relevant forum

artdio Post time 2014-11-27 08:59:27

First you will get a 30 day tourist visa, you can renew it 2 time only for a total 90 day stay. If you plan to marry do it quickly because you will need to get a medical for a longer stay, after a medical they will give you 6 month visa, after the 6 month they'll give you 2 years at a time. You can apply for residency after 5 years, please note that you can not work legally in China on a spousal visa.
Do you plan on taking your Chinese wife to your country to live? If yes there's a lot you should know, if you need more help just ask.

idorun Post time 2014-11-30 21:18:51

depending on what country your Passport is ? You can get a tourist visa for 3 months if the wife's Passport is Chinese she can stay 6-9 months and renew anytime . the Chinese government doesn't want non Chinese people taking a job in China. unless you are invited for a job by a Chinese company , you can only stay three months , but this can be extended if Family of the wife is involved , illness etc.

jordan_c_fan Post time 2014-12-13 11:07:18

thedrunkingpig Post time 2014-12-17 15:03:03

you can apply for a spouse visa ( L visa). gives you a 1 - 2 year visa. but you cannot work on it.
i dont know how long you need to be married for to get this.

you can apply for a 5 year residency permit, but only after having been married and living in china for more than 5 years.
green cards are exceptionally difficult to get and are only really given out like an award to those who have contributed a lot of china.

medical they will give you 6 month visa
medicals are not needed. not in henan anyway. and you will get a year visa.

i'm applying for a spouse visa at the moment, so know what the requirements are. my friend is married to the head of the foreign visa department.

perhaps each province has different requirements

Azindoo Post time 2015-1-18 12:00:42

Spousal visa in China is a hell .
Page: [1] 2
View full version: Visa issues if a foreigner marries to a Chinese national...