dusty1 Post time 2014-11-16 07:38:58

robert237 Post time: 2014-11-16 05:25 static/image/common/back.gif
Paper losses on gold holdings.

You keep your paper, China will stick with gold.

Good to see you have an online university degree in economics Robert ;)

Sikaote Post time 2014-11-16 09:31:13

Gold has very little intrinsic value, if any. Have you ever wondered why gold is so "valuable"? Think about it and get back with me with some useful uses.

If the powers that be decided that Twinkies were valuable, we'd all be talking about Twinkies now instead of gold.

Can one eat gold? Does it have medicinal properties? Are there nutrients in gold? Can gold be used to clean the air we're trying to breathe? Can gold be used to somehow extract all the garbage and man-made poisons being dumped in our oceans? Can it be used to fill the stomachs of hungry children in long ignored places? Does it have magical properties that will make us better human beings?

No. Gold can only be used to pay off greedy corporate devils and bankers so they can continue to rape the planet and abuse it's inhabitants and resources.

Horde whatever you want. In the end all that will get you is a bunch of stuff that won't make the world a better or cleaner place to live.

I can see it now: World War III is in full swing and some moron is sitting in a cave somewhere saying "Well, at least I got my gold."

robert237 Post time 2014-11-16 10:11:39

Revolutionar Post time: 2014-11-15 14:57 static/image/common/back.gif
One day you will be introduced to the story of Midas with all the gold in the world but nothing  ...

I know you like fables. Fiction is preferable to the truth for the likes of you.

robert237 Post time 2014-11-16 10:13:34

Revolutionar Post time: 2014-11-15 15:00 static/image/common/back.gif
Instead of buying gold........if they have held US Treasuries, those planners would be much richer ...

Richer on paper only. I like paper too. You can print on it and wipe your ass with it.
But gold will always be worth its weight in gold. Paper money comes and goes.

Incedius420 Post time 2014-11-16 14:28:03

The problem with gold is its value is set by the world market.  The price of gold has went from 400usd in 2004 to 1900usd in 2011 to about 1200usd today.   This kind of massive fluctuations in pricing is not something one wants to see in a currency.  

Another factor is gold rises in price during hard financial times.  For a export based economy like China's thats the worst time for the value of your currency to rise.  Making your goods more expensive.  

Dacarys Post time 2014-11-16 14:48:23

$4 trillion foreign exchange reserves into gold?  
if the gold price change.  then china would be in much loss...
the true power of U.S is that he can control these things . if china need rule then it must to change this situation!!!

Revolutionar Post time 2014-11-16 15:01:11

Gold has little intrinsic value.......

But the Internet is full of gold pushers like that Ron Paul, isn't it?

Still pushing gold all the way down from 1900 to 1200...... Psychologically no different from drug addicts.

Page: 1 [2] 3
View full version: China hoarding gold to challenge U.S. dollar?