voice_cd Post time 2014-11-5 14:19:38

Expat bachelors in China wanted

As you may already know, November 11 is the annual festival for single people in China.  If you are in China and are still single right now, China Daily would like to write your one-person story on our website..

1, How do you like your single life in China? What do you do in your spare time?
2, Do you want to find a Chinese BF or GF and will you marry him or her ?
3, What do you think of the holiday?

The basic information we need about you, name, nationality, and time been in China. BTW, a photo of you is needed.

Send your story to comment@chinadaily.com.cn and please note for Singles' Day

About the Singles' Day:

Singles Day falls on every November 11th, and as the name indicates, this relatively new holiday is one exclusively for people who are still living the single life.
Singles Day was first celebrated at various universities in Nanjing, capital city of Jiangsu Province during the 1990s. It got the name Singles Day because the date is comprised of four "ones". These college students have since graduated, and carried their university tradition into society. Singles Day is now a special day for all fashionable youths.

The main way to celebrate Singles Day is to have dinner with your single friends, but it's important that each person pay their own way to show their independence. People also hold 'blind date' parties in an attempt to bid goodbye to their single lives.

For breakfast on Singles Day, singles often eat four youtiao (deep-fried dough sticks) representing the four "ones" in "11.11" and one baozi (steamed stuffed buns) representing the middle dot.

In addition to meaning 'single' the four 'ones' of the date can also mean 'only one' as in 'the only one for me.' Some people will use this date and this meaning to tell their special someone that they are the only 'one' in their heart.

messi30 Post time 2014-11-5 15:08:01

Is this a Chinese celebration?

I never heard about it.

Dacarys Post time 2014-11-5 17:27:12

messi30 Post time: 2014-11-5 15:08 static/image/common/back.gif
Is this a Chinese celebration?

I never heard about it.

:lol  formed in recent years-

parcher Post time 2014-11-5 21:16:42

nobody needs to be single....

messi30 Post time 2014-11-5 21:49:30

Dacarys Post time: 2014-11-5 17:27 static/image/common/back.gif
formed in recent years-

Created like the myth of Lei Feng?

messi30 Post time 2014-11-5 22:02:16

seneca Post time: 2014-11-5 19:49 static/image/common/back.gif
It's a brand-new and uniquely Chinese tradition formed because so many young men are unmarriagea ...

Well, this new traditions brings business with good profits for those greedy hyenas in a capitalist country.

Dacarys Post time 2014-11-5 22:15:52

messi30 Post time: 2014-11-5 21:49 static/image/common/back.gif
Created like the myth of Lei Feng?

no no-   i don't know what to say -
maybe chinese's conception toward this number "1"  is like the meaning of single-
cause "1" means one alone =  so when the day 11.11 comes - we think the loneliest moment is coming-
Page: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
View full version: Expat bachelors in China wanted