celinawang Post time 2014-10-28 14:26:27

Do you look weird if you're over 30 and still single?

I'm a Chinesee girl & i'm over 30 years old, no bf yet at this moment. People who know me always keep asking me when I going to get married. Sometime I feel so annoyed about it. Is it the Asian thing that every women over 30 years old must get married & have a child? Actually, I'm not that type that totally refuses to have a husband. It is just that I haven't met the one that is really suitable for me. That's all.

grb Post time 2014-10-28 14:35:21

Good for you!  Don't let some out of date culture influence your life.

messi30 Post time 2014-10-28 14:40:40

For Chinese - YES
For most foreigners - NO

onceaknight Post time 2014-10-29 00:18:55

Praise you thoughts and attitude. Be yourself. After all it is your life and we are only here one time, no return tickets. All too often it is your family and friends who would like you to fall in love and marry someone they think fits. And all too often this is mostly the wrong introduction. I have a good friend married last year, divorced 2 months past, an other friend married a boy she met on 42 previous, too much pressure. Wait until both your head and heart speak, don't be influenced by sweet words, and promises, follow your own heart and head. You are not here to please other people, it's your life. After all if and when it goes to the wall, no-one wants to understand why. Marriage is not about apartments, cars and money, it a contract between two people, love, honour, respect and understand each other. Accept each other for who they are, what they are, not what they can give materialistically. It about respect, good communication, understanding each others likes and dislikes, share common interest, accept the shortcomings, and talk talk talk all things, try to resolves and raise all issues before they get out of control. 30 year young, only in China will you be made to feel older and left over. Geez your still and baby. Please yourself not others. Because if it all goes wrong, your the one left drowning in tears and sorrow, and the broken heart. Good luck

artdio Post time 2014-10-29 08:17:52

You're still young and have lots of time, marry for LOVE not because of what others may think of you.{:1_1:}

xuedongi60 Post time 2014-10-29 11:54:23

onceaknight Post time: 2014-10-29 00:18 static/image/common/back.gif
Praise you thoughts and attitude. Be yourself. After all it is your life and we are only here one ti ...

Totally agree

messenger77 Post time 2014-10-29 22:40:45

This post was edited by messenger77 at 2014-10-29 23:05

Page: [1] 2 3 4
View full version: Do you look weird if you're over 30 and still single?