VALARMORGHULIS Post time 2014-9-5 00:37:44

How do you think about the bar culture?

This post was edited by VALARMORGHULIS at 2014-9-5 00:40

Bars and clubs  are always the normal things to westerners, I means most American and Europeans. But they are not so good to Chinese. If the husband of one Chinese family always go to the bar, like 2 or 3 a week. Then you can wait for something happened in a month.
I do not know is that about culture or anything ,Bar maybe is a foeign stuff ,but Chinese do drink and a lot ~ if Chinese are good he will not go to bar often ,but it is a like a coffee shop for westerners to go to a bar, so what do you think of it?

seanboyce88 Post time 2014-9-5 00:53:29

I errr...think you kind of nailed it in the opener.

It's like a coffee shop I would maybe go to once per week, at the weekend to meet with friends and chill out.

But then, many of the bars in China are quite seedy (At least in Harbin, few prostitutes here and there, couple of gangsters ( I think))

In the west, if you want a seedy bar, it's a bit more difficult to find, at least in my city, Glasgow. Many of the bars are quite nice looking, decent places that are safe to hang out at and enjoy a drink.  We have a lot of live music in our bars too, lots of entertainment.

The only entertainment I have seen in Chinese bars...was bored naked ladies dancing, with 50 yo men crowding round them...so I can understand why Chinese people have this attitude of bars being bad places.

VALARMORGHULIS Post time 2014-9-5 22:43:28

seanboyce88 Post time: 2014-9-5 00:53 static/image/common/back.gif
I errr...think you kind of nailed it in the opener.

It's like a coffee shop I would maybe go to on ...

Yea, I think you make that more clear, most of your ideas are right, There are couples of gangsters and prostitutes. those are their home, But there are some also good. And by the way, the girls dancing ,maybe you mean the club ,that is really low!
Page: [1]
View full version: How do you think about the bar culture?