Views: 11040|Replies: 11

Chinese VP expressed condolences at Mandela's memorial service [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-12-11 08:35:55 |Display all floors

Chinese Vice President Li Yuanchao speaks during the memorial service of Nelson Mandela in  Johannesburg, South Africa, Dec 10. [screen grab from a Sina video]

Chinese Vice President Li Yuanchao on Tuesday expressed deep condolences and paid high tribute to former South African President Nelson Mandela, saying Chinese will always cherish Mandela's contribution to China-South Africa relations.
Speaking at the memorial service held in FNB stadium in Johannesburg, the special representative of Chinese President Xi Jinping said Mr. Mandela was the pride of the African people.

"For all his life, he had strived for the liberation of African nations, championed the dignity of the African people and endeavored to advance the unity of all African countries and move forward Africa's cooperation with the world," Li said.
[/table][table]

In memory of Mandela

He had dedicated his entire life to the development and progress of Africa, he added.

He referred Mandela as one of the founding fathers of China- South Africa relations. "Mr. Mandela had committed himself to China-South Africa friendship and China-Africa cooperation with great passion. The Chinese people will always cherish the memory of his significant contribution to China-South Africa friendship and China-Africa relations," he said.

He mentioned Mandela was an old friend of the Chinese people and a household name in China. "We are deeply saddened by the loss of such a great friend. At the same time, we are heartened to see that the cause Mr. Mandela had started will be carried forward," he said.

He also mentioned South Africa as a major emerging country which is playing a constructive role on the international stage and actively upholding the legitimate rights and interests of developing countries. "We believe that under the leadership of President Zuma and the government of South Africa, the South African people will continue to make big strides forward along the path of national rejuvenation and development," he said.
Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 10:09:53 |Display all floors
Nelson Mandela was the pride of the African people.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 11:03:06 |Display all floors
Chinese Vice President Li Yuanchao on Tuesday expressed deep condolences and paid high tribute to former South African President Nelson Mandela, saying Chinese will always cherish Mandela's contribution to China-South Africa relations.

Vice President Li Yuanchao took the words out of mouth of China. Mr Mandela deserves the veneration from all over the world. I greatly appreciated he endeavoured to his best for friendship between China and S. Africa.

Being one of founding fathers of Sino-S. African relationship, did he know name-dropping Seneca, who is from S. Africa and claims Mr. Mandela was his friend, abused Chinese culture is poor, and Chinese women are sl*t...

I wouldn't be surprised that Mr. Mandela could have fiercely dressed Seneca down six feet under if he had known his co-called friend has been bending on blemishing China all the time and been in futile attempt to undermine Sino-S. African friendship on CD for a decade.  

Nontheless, I don't want to bother him... May him rest in perfect peace in the place where there are no slave drivers, no racists, no racial segregation...

He will be sorely missed forever!
There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 12:31:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2014-10-24 12:26
Yes, and that puts him into my heart. The CPC has, however, been conspicuous by being duplicitou ...

I think Nelson Mandela will roll in his grave knowing the freedoms he fought for will be  replaced by invaders from the East.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 12:49:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by incarnationabc at 2014-10-24 12:54
seneca Post time: 2014-10-24 12:30
My mentor, Nelson Mandela, would not drewss you down for your various lies against good Seneca a ...

Seneca,

Please read aloud your words you posted on CD to his soul when you get any chance to go back to S. Africa again. And tell yourself what Mr. Mandela, your so-called Mentor, so-called friend would have thought about it...

You should stop blemishing his BEST name and don't be a name dropping person any more...

S. Africa has racists against black, while on CD we have racists against China, Chinese women!!!

seneca Post time: 2004-7-25 18:07
But not sure what it purports.
It keeps claiming one "island" with a capital "I" - "Island"; which i ...
But not sure what it purports.
It keeps claiming one "island" with a capital "I" - "Island"; which island might that be? Hainan? It already is Chinese, and rather poor, compared to Guangdong from which it was divorced a decade ago.

Westerners lusting after Chinese sluts...ahem: women?
I am afraid, your own women are ljusting after us and our money and passports!
Why?
Poor Chinese culture!

There is one spectacle grander than the sea, that is the sky; there is one spectacle grander than the sky, that is the interior of the soul.-Victor Hugo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 16:58:29 |Display all floors
History will definitelt tell you the truth,just wait and see what China will do to contribute to the whole world despite someone is just following his Uncle to blemish China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2014-10-24 16:58:34 |Display all floors
History will definitelt tell you the truth,just wait and see what China will do to contribute to the whole world despite someone is just following his Uncle to blemish China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.